Some users of Steam in recent times have been facing a particular issue where the Steam Store Button missing or not working. Yes, the buttons on the Steam Store have failed to work accordingly, and users are wondering if there is any way to get the issue under control. You might be surprised to find out that despite Steam being the most popular gaming platform on Windows, it does have its fair share of issues from time to time.
Why are Steam Store buttons failing to work?
If Steam Store buttons failing to work, it has a lot to do with your network connection. However, Steam’s servers, outdated software, and corrupted data are also known to make buttons useless no matter what you do.
Fix Steam Store Button missing or not working
If the Steam Store Button is missing, not working or failing to load, then the best solution to fixing the issue is to troubleshoot your internet connection or check to see if the servers are down. Here are some sugegstions to help you resolve the issue.
- Restart Steam
- Update the Steam platform
- Troubleshoot network connection
- Check Steam server uptime
- Refresh the Steam Store
- Delete the download cache
1] Restart Steam
This might sound simple enough, but in cases like this one, restarting the platform can be quite effective. All you have to do is click on the X button to close Steam, and after that, locate the Steam shortcut on your desktop and relaunch it from there.
Check now to see if the buttons are working as they should.
2] Update the Steam platform
Updating Steam is capable of solving problems where the buttons are not working when clicked on. So, let us look at how to update this client.
- Open Steam and then log in with your account information.
- Once in, click on Steam, then select Check for Steam Client Updates.
- Wait a few seconds for the client to check for new updates.
- If any are available, you will be required to follow the on-screen instructions to install the new update to your computer.
After the updates have been installed, please go ahead and restart Steam to fully apply the changes made.
3] Troubleshoot network connection
A bad network connection is one of the known reasons why buttons on Steam fail to work accordingly.
The first thing you should do is reboot your router. This works no matter if you’re using Wi-Fi or connected via an ethernet cable.
If that does not help, your best bet is to troubleshoot your newtork connection to see if the issue can be solved.
4] Check Steam server uptime
To find out if the Steam servers are down, you must visit a Down Detector website, then search for Steam. Ensure to select Steam from the search results, and from there, check to see if Steam servers are running as they should.
If they are not, then simply wait a few minutes or hours for the servers to go back online. If the servers are not down, then the problem lies somewhere else.
5] Refresh the Steam Store
According to some users, refreshing the Steam Store can fix the issue at hand. This is because the Store servers may be slowing down, and as such, the buttons may not load correctly. OK, so let us explain how to refresh the Steam Store the easy way.
- Open the Steam client, then navigate to the Store.
- From there, right-click anywhere on the page to view the Options menu.
- Next, you must click on Reload, and if all goes well, then the buttons should load without problems.
Depending on the quality of your internet connection, you may have to reload the page multiple times.
6] Delete the download cache
If all else fails, then the next solution here is to clear the Steam download cache. This is important because the cache contains important data linking to the Store buttons. So, let us look at how to get this done in the quickest way possible.
- Begin by opening the Steam client if you haven’t already.
- From there, click on Steam, then select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Look to the left panel and click on the Downloads tab.
- Once that is done, please click on the Clear Download Cache button.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to move forward into clearing the cache.
Restart the Steam client, then check to see if all buttons have loaded as expected.
READ: Fix Content still encrypted error on Steam Deck
Why are some Steam store buttons not working on my PC?
Some buttons on Steam fail to work accordingly due to an unstable network connection. Bear in mind that Steam is an online platform, therefore, a decent enough internet connection is needed for some features to work, and that includes the Steam Store.
Why can’t I click on the Steam buttons?
One of the reasons you’re not able to click on Steam buttons has much to do with the download cache. As it stands, then, you must clear the download cache then restart the Steam client. Once done, check to see if the buttons are loading as they should.