A screen recorder is indeed a great utility, be it the online gaming industry or the web tutorials, they come in handy everywhere. And while there are several free options to pick from, the screen recorders that one has to purchase a license to render better results, 9 times out of 10. The quest for free, efficient, and smooth screen recorders might just come to an end with Samsung Screen Recorder, which was just made available for download for Samsung devices powering Windows 10.
Samsung Screen Recorder for Windows 10 devices
The Samsung Screen Recorder app can now be downloaded from the Microsoft Store for PCs running on Windows 10. However, the screen recorder can currently only be used on Samsung computers.
Upon installation, you need to click on the launch button. After being launched, a vertical bar pops in on the top of the screen with options for users to start recording, take a screenshot, or turn the webcam on.
In case your setup has more than one monitor, you have the option to select which screen you want to record. Among other configurations that the app offers are:
- You can set the resolution in which you want to record your video (the lowest offered to be 720×480) and also select whether or not you want a low frame rate for your video. A high frame rate can churn out a crispier video but it may also lead the video to lag, depending on your system.
- The source of your audio; the computer’s in-built microphone or a dedicated apparatus, and also whether or not you want it on.
- The destination of the recorded videos.
- Choice of image format, in case you use it to take screenshots.
- Whether or not you want the mouse’s cursor to appear on the screen while recording.
The app also offers a vertical toolbar with several options that allow the users to scribble; pens of varied thickness with an option to color them. On the bottom-left corner of the Settings, you will find a tutorial of this screen recorder, in case you want to run yourself through its features. You also have an option to select the Webcam Source.
You can download the Samsung Screen Recorder here from Microsoft Store.
Since the utility, for now, is restricted only to Samsung Windows 10 PCs, you might be interested in some other good free screen recorders. Here are some options-
- Kalmuri– Kalmuri is a very simple freeware that helps you with both ‘screen capturing’ and ‘screen recording’. The tool comes in a small portable file and the interface is also pretty user-friendly.
- Screenpresso- Screenpresso is a freeware utility for Windows that allows you to capture, edit and save screenshots, scrolling windows, video, and share them directly to social networking sites.
- Camstudio– CamStudio is a free desktop video screen recorder software for the Windows operating system. This Video Screen Capture freeware is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs).
Let us know how useful you find it.