Here is a full guide on how you can rotate your PDF documents using different methods. You can use free software or online tools to rotate PDF pages clockwise or anti-clockwise. We have mentioned a full list of the best free online tools and free software that let you rotate your PDF files without any hassle. Some of these tools even let you rotate multiple PDF documents at the same time. You can even select the custom pages from the source PDF that you want to rotate. To know more about these PDF rotators, check out the full post below.
How do I rotate a PDF page for free?
To rotate PDF pages for free, you can use a free online tool like PDFCandy or Sejda. These online tools let you rotate your PDF files online for free. If you want to use a free desktop application that lets your rotate PDFs offline, you can go for PDF Shaper Free. It is great PDF processor software that you can use to rotate as well as perform a lot of other PDF-related tasks.
Rotate PDF using free software and online tools
You can either use a free desktop application to rotate PDF pages. Or, there are multiple free online tools using which you can rotate your PDF files. Here are the best free software and online tool to rotate PDF documents:
- PDF Shaper Free
PDFResizer is a free online tool to rotate your PDF documents online. Apart from rotating PDF pages, it offers a lot of features to process PDF files including Crop PDF, Merge PDF, Split PDF, Delete Pages, Optimize PDF, Reorder PDF, and more. You can simply use its Rotate PDF tool in order to rotate PDF pages in the right, left, or upside-down direction.
Here are the steps to rotate PDF files using PDFResizer:
- Firstly, open a web browser and go to the pdfresizer.com website.
- Now, select the Rotate PDF option from the top menu bar.
- Next, press the Choose files button to import one or more source PDF documents that you want to rotate.
- After that, click on the Upload FIles button to proceed.
- Then, select the PDF page range that you want to rotate by entering the range in From and End fields.
- Now, choose a direction to rotate your PDF pages from Normal, Right, Left, and Upside-down.
- Finally, click on the Rotate PDF! button and it will start rotating your PDFs. You will be able to download the rotated PDF once the process is complete.
It is one of the best online tools to rotate PDFs as it lets you process PDFs in a batch. So, you can rotate multiple PDF documents simultaneously using it.
Read: Crop PDF Pages using online tools or free software.
PDFCandy is a free online PDF service that also lets you rotate your PDF documents online. It offers many more tools to crop PDFs, encrypt PDFs, add images to PDFs, zoom PDFs, and many more. You can also find several converter tools to convert PDF to document and vice versa online. Let us now check out how to use it to rotate PDF pages using it.
Try the below steps to rotate PDFs online using PDFCandy:
- Firstly, go to the pdfcandy.com website in your web browser.
- Now, tap on the Add FIle button to browse and select the source PDF. It also lets you upload files from cloud services like Dropbox and Google Drive. You can also just drag and drop the input PDF onto its interface to process it.
- It will show you all the PDF pages. You can rotate individual pages 90 degrees clockwise or anti-clockwise as per your requirements.
- After that, you can press the Rotate PDF button to start the PDF rotating process.
- Once the process is done, you can download the resulting PDF with rotated pages.
It is a very nice free online PDF rotator tool with various other PDF processing features.
Sejda is yet another free online PDF rotator tool. It is a free PDF processing web service that allows you to perform various actions on your PDF documents like crop, compress, merge, delete, edit, etc. To rotate PDF files through this web service, follow the below steps.
- Firstly, open Sejda.com in your web browser and choose its Rotate tool.
- Now, import one or more PDF files from your PC, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, or URL.
- Next, you will be able to view all the pages from the uploaded PDFs. Just hover the mouse over a PDF page and then select the rotate clockwise or rotate anti-clockwise option. If you want to rotate all PDF pages, select the All option. Or, you can also rotate just even or odd pages as well.
- After that, click on the Apply Changes button to start rotating the pages.
- Once the rotating process is done, you can download the resulting PDF documents to your PC.
If you liked it, you can try it here.
See: Combine multiple PDFs into a single PDF document with Combine PDF freeware
You can also try PDFdu to rotate PDF files online. You can simply visit the pdfdu.com website in your web browser and select the input PDF file. After that, select the PDF rotation angle from 90° clockwise, 180° clockwise, 270° clockwise, Rotate to Horizontal, and Rotate to Vertical. Next, select the PDF pages that you want to rotate. Finally, press the Rotate Pages button to start the process. You can download the output PDF file when the process is finished.
It also provides various other PDF-related tools that you can check out on its website.
5] PDF Shaper Free
PDF Shaper Free is a free PDF rotator software for Windows 11/10. It is basically a suite that contains several free utilities to process PDF files. It lets your rotate PDF pages as well as crop, split, extract, watermark, and more. You can even convert and merge your PDF documents using this freeware. Now, let us check out how you can rotate PDF pages with the help of this free desktop application.
How to rotate PDF pages using PDF Shaper Free:
Here are the main steps to rotate PDF pages on Windows 11/10 using PDF Shaper Free:
- Download and install PDF Shaper Free.
- Start the application.
- Import the source PDF files.
- Select the Rotate Pages option.
- Select PDF pages and rotation degree.
- Click on the Proceed button to start PDF rotating process.
First of all. you need to download and install PDF Shaper Free on your system. After that, start the main GUI of the application to use it.
Now, click on the Add button and import one or more PDF files to it that you want to rotate. Next, expand the Pages section from the left-side panel and click on the Rotate Pages option.
Then, select the rotation degree from 90, 180, and 270. And, choose the PDF pages you want to rotate. Finally, press the Process button and then select the output folder to save your resulting PDFs. It will rotate your PDFs in a matter of a few seconds.
It lets you batch rotate PDF documents on your PC. If you liked it, you can download it from here.
See: Best free PDF Voice Readers for Windows PC
The next free software that you can use to rotate PDF pages is AlterPDF. It is a free PDF processor that offers a variety of tools to perform actions on your PDF files like crop, rotate, watermark, convert, encrypt, decrypt, merge, and split.
To use it, download it from its official website and then install the application on your PC. Next, launch the software and add the input PDF documents to it. After that, move to the Operations menu and select the Rotate Pages option.
Now, from the right-side panel, select whether you want to rotate custom pages or all pages. Then, select the rotation degrees from 90, 180, and 270. Finally, press the Rotate button to start the process.
However, do note that in the free version of this software, you can process only the first 3 pages of a PDF document. You need to buy its professional edition to remove this limitation.
Hopefully, this post helps you get a good free PDF rotator to rotate PDF pages.
Now Read: Free PDF Editor Online Tool to edit PDF files.
FreePDF lets you bulk rotate PDF documents and this software is one of the best options on this entire list for this task. You can use this tool to rotate PDF files in batch to 180 degrees, 90 degrees anti-clockwise, or 90 degrees clockwise on your Windows 11/10 computer.
In addition to that, you can set the number of pages to rotate for the input PDFs or rotate all the pages. Apart from the PDF rotation feature, it also provides a PDF merge feature.
You can grab this open-source tool from sourceforge.net. Complete the installation part and open the software interface. Now, the very first thing you should do is click on the Settings button. This will help you set the output folder and the number of pages for rotation. Or else, keep the All Pages option selected or enabled.
Now, to rotate multiple PDF files together using this tool, follow these steps:
- Click on the Add button to insert PDF files from a folder. You can also remove a PDF from the list if it is added by mistake
- Select a rotation angle using the buttons present on the top part of its interface
- Press the Rotate! button.
The output PDFs will be stored in the folder set by you.
How do I rotate a PDF offline for free?
If you want to rotate a PDF offline for free on Windows 11/10, then you should use free PDF rotator software for this purpose. Such tools do the entire processing for rotating the PDF pages offline. We have created a list of such free PDF rotator software in this post above. Try them. You can also use other free online PDF rotator tools if you want.
How do I rotate a PDF to a specific degree online?
If you want to rotate a PDF to a specific degree online, say 90 degrees counter-clockwise or 90 degrees clockwise, etc., then Sejda, PDFResizer, PDFCandy, etc., are some good options to try. All these online PDF rotator tools are free. We have added all these tools and steps for using these tools to rotate a PDF file in this post.
How do I rotate a PDF without Adobe?
To rotate a PDF without Adobe, you can use free third-party tools. There are free online tools and software like PDFResizer, PDFCandy, and PDF Shaper Free that let you rotate PDF files without putting in any effort. We have discussed a full list of PDF rotators that you can check out below.
How do you rotate a PDF and save it that way online?
You can use a free web service to rotate PDFs online. For example, you can try their free online tool called PDFdu. Just open its website and upload your PDF file. Then, select the rotation angle and PDF pages that you want to rotate. That’s it. It will rotate your PDF file that you can download once the process is done.
Read next: Rearrange PDF pages using free online tools or software for Windows 11/10.