If you are looking for a method to fix Oops, an error occurred on Instagram on your PC or phone, this post will help you.
Why is Instagram saying Oops an error occurred?
The error “Oops, an error occurred” on Instagram can occur in different scenarios. It might be caused when Instagram is temporarily down or if you are experiencing internet connectivity issues. Apart from that, if your app is outdated, there is a corrupted cache associated with Instagram, and an account glitch can also trigger the same error.
Oops, an error occurred on Instagram on PC or Phone
If you are getting the “Oops, an error occurred” message on Instagram on your PC or Android/iPhone, use the below solutions to fix the error:
- Check if Instagram is down.
- Make sure you are connected to an active internet connection.
- Update your Instagram app.
- Log out of Instagram, then log in again.
- Reset your Instagram password, if applicable.
- Force close the Instagram app and restart it.
- Clear the Instagram or browser cache.
1] Check if Instagram is down
This error could result from a temporary server issue experienced by Instagram servers. Hence, you can check the current server status of Instagram and make sure the servers are not down.
2] Make sure you are connected to an active internet connection
Internet connectivity issues can also lead to the “Oops, an error occurred” error message on Instagram on both PC and phone. Hence, you must ensure your device is connected to an active and stable internet connection. You can switch to a different network connection and see if the error is resolved. Besides that, you can also restart your router/modem and check if you have stopped receiving this error.
3] Update your Instagram app
Is your Instagram app outdated? If yes, you will likely experience issues and errors like “Oops, an error occurred.” Hence, if the scenario is applicable, update Instagram to its latest version and try using it.
If you are on an Android phone, open the Play Store, go to the Instagram app page, and press the Update button. Similarly, iPhone users can update Instagram using the App Store.
If you are using the Instagram app on a PC, open the Microsoft Store, go to Library, and press the Get updates button. It will update all your Microsoft Store apps including Instagram.
4] Log out of Instagram, then log in again
You can also try logging out of Instagram and then logging back into your account to fix the error. This workaround has been proven to be effective for some. So, you can also try doing the same and see if it helps.
5] Reset your Instagram password, if applicable
If you are getting this error while logging into Instagram, you can try resetting your password and then signing in. Here are the steps to do that:
- First, open Instagram.com in a web browser or launch the app on your phone.
- Now, click on the Forgotten Password? or Get help with logging in button.
- Next, enter your username, email address, or phone number that you have used to create the account and press the Find Account option.
- After that, enter the code sent to your registered email address or phone number.
- Then, you will be asked to create a new password; enter your new password and press the Continue button.
- Once done, you will be logged into Instagram.
6] Force close the Instagram app and restart it
You can also try force-closing the Instagram app and then relaunching it to check if the error is fixed. To do that, you can long-press the Instagram app icon from your phone’s home screen and then click on the i (info) button. After that, press the Force close button from the lower right corner. Next, relaunch the Instagram app and check if the error is now resolved.
7] Clear the Instagram or browser cache
A corrupted app cache can also cause the “Oops, an error occurred” error on Instagram. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, you can clear the Instagram app cache on your phone and see if it helps. Here’s how to do that:
- First, go to your mobile’s home screen and long-press the Instagram app icon.
- After that, choose the i (Info) button.
- On the appeared page, navigate to the Storage section.
- Now, click on the Clear cache button located in the lower-right corner.
- When done, restart the Instagram app and see if the “Oops, an error occurred” error is fixed.
If you are experiencing this error in a web browser on your PC, clear the cache from your browser and then see if the error is gone. Here’s how:
- First, hit the Ctrl+Shift+Delete hotkey to open the Clear browsing data option.
- In the appeared dialog, check the Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files boxes.
- After that, ensure that the Time range is set to All time.
- Finally, press the Clear data button to clear the browser cache and cookies.
- When done, you can reopen Instagram and see if the error is resolved.
- First, open your Edge browser and tap on the Settings and more button > History option.
- Now, press the Clear browsing data button in the appeared panel.
- After that, set the Time range to All time and tick the Caches images and files and Cookies and other site data check boxes.
- Next, click on the Clear now button.
- Finally, reopen Instagram and see if the error is fixed.
I hope this helps!
How do you fix Instagram when it says error?
Many errors on Instagram are caused due to a temporary issue. Hence, you can try restarting the Instagram app or your device and see if the error is fixed. Besides that, you can also clear the app cache to fix the issue. In case you are facing an error like We restrict certain activity to protect our community, make sure you are not posting anything that is against Instagram’s policies.
Now read: Can’t log in to Instagram app or account.