If the management of your finances is going haywire, but your finances aren’t that big to hire an accountant to manage it, then Money Manager Ex is the software for you. The good news is that Money Manger is a free open source software for Windows 10/8/7, and it’s rather easy to use. The bad news, well, it can’t pay your bills!
Money Manager Ex review
Money Manager Ex is a software for Windows that helps you manage your finances easily. You can manage your personal as well as business finances with this application. It is free to use software. This open-source and cross-platform finance software creates an overview of your financial worth. Simply put, Money Manager Ex primarily keeps a track of your money, like – when and how the money goes.
Most of Money Manager Ex’s features are those which you always expect from a typical finance software. It manages all your finances, and yet, it is still simple and user-friendly, and that is what makes it earn the accolades of users.
Here are some important features that Money Manger Ex offers:
- It is simple and its clean layout makes it user-friendly.
- It is open source and cross platform.
- You don’t have to install it on your machine. You can run the software even from a USB key.
- You can keep a track of checks, credit cards, stock investment, your savings and other financial assets.
- Certainly, it won’t pay your bills; but it will still remind you about the recurring deposits and bills.
- Money Manager Ex offers forecasts for cash flow and overall budgeting.
- To get a better view of your overall finances, Money Manager Ex displays graphs and pie charts, with just one click.
- You can import finance related data from any QIF and CSV format.
- Money Manager offers a non-Proprietary SQLite Database with AES Encryption.
- This finance software for Windows 8 supports 24 international languages.
Money Manager Ex Getting started tutorial
Running this financial software is pretty easy. Simply download the setup file and run the setup.
After finishing the setup, Money Manager Ex asks you to select the language from 24 international languages.
Once you select the desired language, the application begins its actual work. If you are a first time user of Money Manager Ex, select ‘Create a New Database‘. Once you start using the application, you can select other options such as ‘Open Last Opened Database‘ or ‘Open Existing Database‘.
For more information about the application you can either click on ‘Read Documentation‘ or ‘Visit Website for more Information’ options.
When you click on Create a New Database, Money Manager Ex creates an .mmb file.
After creating an MMB file, Money Manager Ex software opens New Database Wizard. This step appears only for the first time users, as the users need to select the currency for their finance database.
You can select a currency as per your choice.
You can always change the currency for new accounts. After selecting the currency, name the account, like ‘Bank’ or ‘Mutual Funds’.
Then select the type of account as Checking, Term or Investment. When you create this account, a dashboard opens where you can see multiple options such as Bank Accounts (which you have created), Assets, Repeating transactions and budget setup.
You can also see multiple Reports such as ‘Where the Money goes’, ‘Cashflow’ etc.
Summary of Money Manager Ex
Overall, Money Manager Ex is a useful financial software. Though it’s easy to use, you may feel exhausted using it, since you need to keep the data constantly updated and accurate, if you want to give you a true and fair view of your finances. You can get it from its home page.
You may also want to check out some more free Personal Finance & Business Accounting Software.