Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator will allow you to create custom keyboard layouts for your language Microsoft does not support in Windows. Should you wish to create a custom key setting for your keyboard, you are sure to find this free 10 MB download from Microsoft very useful.
Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator
You can use the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to tweak your keyboard by adding special characters or change the layout completely. One particularly useful function is the so-called “Dead key”, with which you can make any key into a dead key.
The Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (MSKLC), released back in 2007, extends the international functionality of Windows systems by allowing users to:
- Create new keyboard layouts from scratch
- Base a new layout on an existing one
- Modify an existing keyboard layout and build a new layout from it
- Multilingual input locales within edit control fields
- Build keyboard layout DLLs for x86, x64, and IA64 platforms.
- Package the resulting keyboard layouts for subsequent delivery and installation.
You can download Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator from Microsoft. Works with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003. Requires .NET Framework 2.0.