Recently several users have been making a lot of noise about issues relating to Intel Smart Sound Technology. Apparently, the driver has stopped their computer audio from working, so the question right now, is how do we fix this problem?
This task will take a few minutes out of your time, so be sure to read the information below so you’ll always be on the right track. Now, to begin, we will explain how to use the Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA) tool to solve this problem.
Fix Intel Smart Sound Technology OED driver problem?
Let us talk more about how to fix this problem facing Intel Smart Sound Technology OEDdriver on Windows computers:
- Uninstall Intel Smart Sound Technology sound driver
- Next, Download and install the correct Intel Media driver
- Also Download and install the best Realtek HD Audio driver.
Uninstall Intel Smart Sound Technology sound driver
We are now required to uninstall this Sound & Audio driver since it is part of the problem, so let us talk about what we must do. Please bear in mind that for this to work, your computer must be powered by an Intel chip.
- Open the Device Manager
- Navigate to Sound, video, and game controllers section. This is usually available under Software Devices, so keep an eye out as you search.
- Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
- Right-click on Intel Smart Sound Technology
- Choose Uninstall Device.
- After the installation is complete, restart your computer to allow Windows 11/10 to use the generic sound drivers.
See if this has fixed your sound problems, but if not, we suggest following the steps below.
Download and install the correct Intel Media driver
The next step to take here is to download a particular driver known as Intel(R) Corporation – MEDIA – 10.29.0.5938 or later. So, how can you get this driver on your computer?
- Well, first you must visit Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- Use the search section at the top-right corner to look for Intel(R) Corporation – MEDIA.
- From the search results, locate and download Intel(R) Corporation – MEDIA – 10.29.0.5938 or later.
- Install it to your computer, then restart and check if all issues have been solved.
An easier option for installing Intel drivers would be using Intel Driver & Support Assistant. Use the Intel Driver & Support Assistant; it automatically identifies, finds, and installs drivers for your computer.
Download and install the best Realtek HD Audio driver
We also recommend that you install the Realtek HD Audio driver that is designed for your particular Realtek sound card. You can use the Realtek HD Audio Manager to do the needful.
To do this, you will want to visit the official driver website for your brand of computer. After downloading and installing the driver, you must then restart your computer. You should now have no problems where sound is concerned.
What does Intel Smart Sound Technology OED do?
You might be wondering what Intel Smart Sound Technology is all about. It is an integrated audio DSP (Digital Signal Processor) built to handle audio, voice, and speech interactions.
How to turn off Intel Smart Sound
If your computer comes packed with an Intel chip, go to the Device Manager, expand System Devices, and look for “Intel Smart Sound Technology OED”. You must right-click on it and choose “Disable Device”. It will ask if you’re sure, so just hit Yes to confirm.
Can I uninstall Intel Smart Sound Technology?
Yes, you can uninstall Intel Smart Sound Technology with ease. Return to the Device Manager, then choose System Devices, then right-click on Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology Audio Controller. Finally, hit the Uninstall button and wait for the task to be completed.
How do I get rid of Intel Smart Sound Technology?
Getting rid of Intel Smart Sound Technology is very easy. All you have to do is go to Device Manager, then expand System Devices. From there, please look for “Intel Smart Sound Technology OED”. Right-click on it, then select Disable Device. You’ll be asked if you’re sure; if you are, go ahead and select Yes.