The Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool is for advanced computer users. The tool can fix many common problems. It can remove old Adobe software, clean corrupt installation files, and fix host files to establish a connection with the Adobe server.
How to use Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool
The Adobe creative cloud cleaner tool is for users with more advanced computer knowledge. It is used to clean up corrupted installations. It fixes problems files and issues in registry keys. The tool will remove installation records for Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite applications that may have become corrupted or may be causing problems with a new installation.
Checklist before using Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool
To avoid potential data loss there are a few things to do before running the Adobe creative cloud cleaner tool. Be sure to make the necessary backup of important files, folders, and preferences.
- Run the Log collector tool – Running the Log collector tool will back up your log files. Backing up your log files will make it easier for Adobe customer care to help you if you run into an error with the Adobe creative cloud cleaner tool.
- Check sync status – Check the sync status of the files in the creative cloud desktop app. Make sure that all the files are synced before you run the Adobe creative cloud cleaner tool. Files that are not synced to the Creative cloud will be lost.
- Close Adobe Desktop Serviceand Core Sync in Task manager
- There are two sets of files that you should save a copy of, they are:
- Quit any open Adobe app
- Look for and close any Adobe apps and processes that may be running in the background. To do this press Ctrl + Alt + Del and go to the Task manager, select the app, and press end process. The processes that may be in the background are:
- Creative Cloud
- CoreSync helper
- Adobe IPC Broker
- AGS Service
- Save a copy of all content stored in the Adobe product folders. This will include third-party plugins and preferences. Save the copies where you back up the products.
- If you have an older version of Adobe apps and you plan on removing and reinstalling it, ensure that you have a means of reinstalling it. Adobe only has the most recent version of its Creative Cloud apps for download, and no longer has older versions available for download. Make sure that you have a copy of the older app available on a disk or other media so that you can reinstall it after you have uninstalled it.
- Go over the list and make sure that all recommended backups and precautions are done before running the Adobe creative cloud cleaner tool.
When to use Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool
Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool after taking steps (such as making backups of relevant folders) in the case of these issues.
- You have already tried repairing or uninstalling the Creative Cloud desktop app, but still can’t update or install your Creative Cloud app.
- You want to remove older Adobe software completely.
- Your Creative Cloud app fails to launch even though you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
- You cannot sign in to Adobe apps even after multiple attempts even after trying common fixes.
- You cannot connect to Adobe servers and have limited access to Adobe apps and services even after trying the common fixes.
Using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool
- To begin using the Adobe creative cloud cleaner tool, you will have to download it. You can search for it on the Adobe website or download it here.
- After you have downloaded the Adobe creative cloud cleaner tool file, go to the folder where it is downloaded, right-click exe, and choose Run as Administrator. You can also double-click on AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe if Run as administrator is not available.
- Follow the onscreen instructions in this order:
- Choose your language: Typee for English or j for Japanese, and then press Enter.
- Review the Adobe End-User License Agreement: Typey to accept or n to decline (if you decline, the script stops). Press Enter.
- Type the number that corresponds to the option you want to select, and then press Enter. For example, type 4(CC Apps) if you want to uninstall a Creative Cloud app.
- Subsequently, to remove an app, select the app that you want to remove by typing the number that corresponds to the app name, and then press Enter.
If you are facing issues with file syncing, you might have to remove CoreSync. To do this, type 1 or 4 and press Enter. Then type the number that corresponds to CoreSyncand press Enter.
- Confirm that you want to remove the entry: Type y and then press Enter.
- (Optional) If you’re unable to connect to Adobe’s servers, repeat these steps to fix your host file. After accepting the End-User License Agreement, type 12 to select the host file option. Confirm that you want to fix the host file: Type y and then press Enter. The Cleaner tool creates a backup of the host file (named hosts_bkup) in the same directory, which you can revert to if a problem occurs.
- When the process has been completed the message “Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool completed successfully,” will appear. you then press Enter and then restart the computer.
- When the Creative cloud cleaner tool has been successfully run, you can then reinstall the Creative Cloud or Creative Suite apps.
What does the Creative Cloud cleaner tool do?
The tool can fix many common problems. It can remove old Adobe software, clean corrupt installation files, and fix host files to establish a connection with the Adobe server. The tool can also remove or change permissions registry entries.
How do you use the Creative Cloud clean tool?
Follow these steps to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool:
- Back up files in Adobe product directories.
- Uninstall Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements.
- Run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool.
- Verify that the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool is completed successfully.
- Install your application.
How do I delete all traces of Adobe software?
- Open the Creative Cloud desktop app.
- On the All Apps page, select the More actions icon next to the app you want to uninstall.
- In the drop-down list, select Uninstall.
- Select Cancel, Remove or Keep, based on your preference.
I hope you find the post useful.