Bluestacks is an android emulator for Windows. It lets you install and run android apps and games on your Windows computer. It brings an Android Operating System to Windows computers. If you have an APK file, you can also install it on your system by using the Bluestacks. All the Android games or apps you install remain available on the Home Screen of Bluestacks. In addition to this, it also creates a Desktop shortcut for Android apps and games. On your Windows 11/10 computer, if you want to uninstall an app or a game, you can do this via the Control Panel or Windows 11/10 Settings. But the games or apps you install via Bluestacks are not shown in the Control Panel and the Settings app. In this article, we will explain how to uninstall a game or an app in Bluestacks.
How to uninstall a game or an app in Bluestacks
You can uninstall a game or an app in Bluestacks:
- From the Bluestacks Home Screen
- Via Bluestacks Settings
- From Google Play Store
Let’s see all these methods in detail.
1] How to uninstall a game or an app in Bluestacks from the Home Screen
Like your android phone, you can uninstall the apps and games in Bluestacks from its Home Screen. The following steps will show you how to do that.
- Open Bluestacks. It will show you the Home Screen. Otherwise, you can click on the Home Screen button on the top of its interface to bring the Home Screen.
- Put your mouse cursor over the app or the game that you want to uninstall.
- Press and hold the left click on your mouse.
- Click Uninstall.
2] Uninstall apps or games in Bluestacks via its Settings
The process to uninstall a game or an app from Bluestacks settings is similar to the process to uninstall a game or an app on your Android phone via its settings. Have a look.
- Open Bluestacks 5.
- Go to its Home Screen and click on the System Apps folder.
- Click Settings.
- Under the Device section, click Apps.
- You will see the list of all the apps and games installed in Bluestacks. Select the app or the game that you want to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall.
3] Uninstall apps or games in Bluestacks from Google Play Store
You can also uninstall a game or an app in Bluestacks via the Google Play Store. Let’s see how to do that.
- Open Bluestacks.
- Go to its Home Screen and click on the Google Play Store icon.
- When the Google Play Store opens up, click on your profile icon on the top right side and select Manage apps & device.
- Now, click on the Manage tab and select the app or game that you want to uninstall.
- Click on the Delete icon on the top right side.
- Click Uninstall.
Alternatively, you can also uninstall the game or the app from Google Play Store by searching its name. Open the Play Store in Bluestacks 5, then search for the app or game that you want to uninstall. After that, select that app or game and click on the Uninstall button.
How do I uninstall games on Bluestacks?
You can uninstall games in Bluestacks from its Home Screen, from its Settings, and by opening the Google Play Store. These ways to uninstall a game are similar to methods to uninstall games on an Android smartphone.
Does uninstalling Bluestacks uninstall games?
If you uninstall or remove Bluestacks completely from your computer, all your applications and game data will be deleted completely. Therefore, it is recommended to sync all your game data to the cloud. To set up Bluestacks, you need to sign in with your Google account. You can use that account to backup or sync your game data.
You can compare this with your Android phone. When you perform a factory reset on your Android smartphone, all your installed applications and games get deleted. When you install the games again, you will get two options, restore your saved game data (if you have synced your game with your Google or social media account) or start a new game.
I hope this helps.