How does one send a voice message in Microsoft Teams? That’s a question being asked by some users. It’s a valid question because, for some odd reason, Microsoft Teams for the desktop is lacking the ability to send voice notes.
Yes, it is possible to send a video message, and that’s fine. But not everyone wants to go down that road when a voice note is so much simpler. The problem is, Microsoft Teams for the desktop and the web does not make it possible for users to send voice notes the traditional way.
So, what are the options? Well, the best thing to do is to use the mobile version of the app. At the time of writing, this is the only way to leave a voice message in Teams, and that’s quite surprising since this function is available in Skype, and one of the main aspects of any messenger tool.
Another option is to take advantage of some simple workarounds. They are not ideal, but if you really want to send voice notes on Teams for the desktop, then this is your best bet.
How to send Voice Message on Microsoft Teams for the desktop
As stated above, there is no official way to accomplish this task, but there are workarounds you could make use of. Let us look at the best one, at least from our point of view.
- Open the Sound Recorder app on Windows 11. This is the default recorder app.
- Ensure your microphone is plugged in or connected if you’re using Bluetooth.
- From there, you must click on the record button.
- Hit the stop button once you’re done.
- The next step is to right-click on the recorded file from within the Sound Recorder app.
- Select the Show in Folder option.
- Copy the file, then paste it into the Teams app and send it off to whoever needs it.
How to send a voice note on Microsoft Teams for mobile
If you’re not too thrilled with going through all the hassle above, you can get it done via the Microsoft Teams mobile app.
- Open your respective app store on your smartphone.
- After that, search for Microsoft Teams.
- Download the app to your device.
- Launch the app, then sign in with your work or Microsoft account.
- Go to where you want to send a voice message.
- Tap and hold the microphone icon to record your message.
- Release to end the recording.
- Finally, tap the send button in order to send the recording to the other party.
How does Voicemail work in Teams?
Look to the Voicemail heading, then click the Configure voicemail button right away. Once that is done, click the Record a greeting button. When this button is clicked, a call will be launched with a voicemail system that allows the use of the dial pad to navigate the automated menu and record voicemail messages.
Why can’t I hear my Voicemail on Teams?
Begin by checking the status of your voicemail settings from within the app itself. Chances are the problem you’re experiencing is not a big deal. Simply click on your profile picture, and from the dropdown menu, select Settings. After that, click on Calls, ad under Call answering rules, and check to see if voicemail is turned on.