Though cryptocurrencies are falling, Web3 products such as NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) are booming. In this guide, we review Web3 Antivirus which was released to the public recently, and show you how to protect digital assets using Web3 Antivirus.
What is Web3 Antivirus?
Web3 Antivirus or W3A in short is an easy-to-use antivirus that comes as an extension to Google Chrome you can use to protect digital assets. You do not have to integrate W3A with your wallet. Just download the extension on your Google Chrome browser, enable it and stay safe. Using Web3 antivirus you can avoid potentially dangerous smart contracts, transactions, or phishing websites. You can also get real-time security recommendations and browse Web3 safely.
Web3 Antivirus creates a firewall around your digital assets without interacting with any smart contracts unless there are risks and red flags.
Benefits of Web3 Antivirus
There are many benefits of having Web3 Antivirus. They are:
- Real-time security recommendations: Whenever you are browsing Web3 sites you get real-time security recommendations that keep your wallet and digital safe.
- No access to your wallet or assets: Web3 Antivirus never asks for permission to access your wallet and digital assets. It just protects and intimates you when it detects risks and red flags.
- Detect scam patterns using Machine learning models: Web3 antivirus gathers data from multiple sources and applies Machine learning models to perform analysis and detect scam patterns.
- Smart contract analysis: Web3 antivirus executes transaction emulations using a lot of data it has gathered and shows you technical risks if there are any with the transaction, IP infringements, and financial scams related to the transactions you do.
- Phishing website detection: Web3 Antivirus helps you web3 websites safely. It detects phishing activities and safeguards you before they happen using hundreds of sources.
Read: What is Web3 technology used for?
How to protect Digital Assets using Web3 Antivirus
Web3 antivirus is not a standalone program to install and use. It is available as a Google Chrome extension on the Chrome Web Store. To protect digital assets using Web3 Antivirus:
- Go to Chrome Web Store
- Search for Web3 Antivirus
- Click on Add to Chrome button
- Click Add extension on the prompt
Let’s get into the details of the process.
Open Google Chrome and open Chrome Web Store. Search for Web3 Antivirus and click on it in the results. Then, click on Add to Chrome button.
Click on Add extension on the prompt. The extension will download and install automatically. That’s it. The extension is enabled by default and can protect your digital assets.
You can also use this link to download Web3 antivirus directly.
Read: Digital Assets Management – What happens to your Online Accounts when you die?
How Web3 Antivirus protects my digital assets?
Web3 antivirus is enabled in the background while you browse websites, or are about to sign a transaction or a message. There might be times when we head to phishing times without any idea of it. Web3 antivirus will alert you in such circumstances by checking the domain names against the data it has of blacklists and whitelists. It also identifies suspicious content and hard-coded logic, if any.
Web3 antivirus will analyze potential risks and red flags when you are about to sign a transaction. It then prompts you whether to proceed with the transaction or not. Web3 antivirus emulates a transaction using the data it has along with Machine learning and detects the possibilities and risks of that transaction.
Web3 antivirus after analyzing the transaction with machine learning models gives a report that contains the overall risk score and threats associated with it. You can use that report to decide on the transaction.
Currently, Web3 Antivirus is supported on the Ethereum blockchain in process of working on Binance and Solana platforms.
Read: How to access Blockchain Domains in a Browser
Web3 antivirus is necessary to prevent scams that happen with digital assets on the blockchains. The good thing about Web3 antivirus is, it never asks for permission to access wallets, assets, or seed phrases. It is currently supported on the Ethereum blockchain and can protect it efficiently. You can try the Web3 antivirus for free using its basic plan and change to paid plan if you like it after using it. In the basic plan, you get phishing websites validation, instant smart contract codebase analysis, detection of red flags associated with smart contracts or websites, and transaction emulation.
Related read: How to protect your NFTs from theft or copies.