It is now possible to stream from Twitch directly from your Xbox Series X/S video game console. There is no longer a need to go through complex setups to stream your Xbox on Twitch, and that is due to the integration of the popular streaming platform with Xbox.
From our own experience, both Twitch and Microsoft have made it very simple to stream with ease. Not only that, the possibility is here to manage Twitch streaming settings from the Xbox as well. So, as it stands, you do not need to leave the Xbox get things moving in the correct direction.
How to stream Twitch from Xbox
Streaming is a simple task to get started, so if you’re interested in doing this, then we suggest reading the following:
- Open the Xbox Guide menu
- Go to the Live Streaming menu
- Link your Twitch account to Xbox
- Proceed to live stream on Twitch
1] Open the Xbox Guide menu
The first thing we’re going to do here is to launch the Guide menu. The steps required to do this are pretty simple, so let us explain.
- Power on your Xbox Series X/S video game console. We assume you already know how to do this.
- Once the console is up and running, you should be looking at the Home screen.
- From there, press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide.
2] Go to the Live Streaming menu
The next thing to do here is to find your way to the Live Streaming menu, a task that doesn’t take much to get done.
- Simply look to the Capture & Share section.
- After that has been done, navigate to Live Streaming.
3] Link your Twitch account to Xbox
Now, before you can truly stream live on Twitch, you must first link your Twitch account with Xbox.
4] Proceed to live stream on Twitch
With both accounts communicating with each other, it is now time to proceed with streaming.
- Return to the More Options area via the Xbox settings.
- Check if Destination is set to Twitch.
- Go back to the Live Streaming section.
- Finally, select Go Live to initiate a live stream on Twitch.
That’s it, you are now officially live streaming on Twitch via your Xbox Series X/S video game console.
What camera can I use to stream on Xbox Series?
There are several cameras out there that supports the Xbox Series line of video game consoles, and anyone of them can be used for streaming. To be on the right side, you will need a 1080p webcam that supports YUY2 or NV12.
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio.
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000.
- Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam.
- Logitech C930e Webcam.
Can I use Elgato on Xbox Series?
Yes, it is possible to use an Elgato device to capture gameplay on your Xbox Series video game console, and according to the creators, it doesn’t matter which version of Elgato you own. All current Elgato capture devices support the console, but resolution and framerate will depend on the device itself.