PayPal is the most trusted platform for making and receiving payments online with around 426 million users worldwide. Now, besides being the most popular payment service on the web, it is possible to use the platform for other things such as creating a shipping label. In this post, we will show you how to create a PayPal Shipping Label.
What are the benefits of using PayPal for shipping?
Let us look at some of the benefits of using PayPal for creating simple, yet effective, shipping labels.
- Save some money: Other types of online payment and shipping tools do not give users a free way to create labels. PayPal, from our understanding, is 100 percent free to create a label, but understand that printing the label will require a small fee.
- Save on time: Because the PayPal service does most of the work, it will save the user a lot of time, hence no need for folks to create one from scratch.
How to create Shipping Labels on PayPal
Creating a PayPal Shipping Label is easy for those who want to do so with or without an invoice or purchase order. Let us see both these options:
- Create a PayPal shipping label with an invoice
- Create a PayPal shipping label without an invoice, transaction, or a purchase order
1] Create a PayPal shipping label with an invoice
Follow the steps here to create a shipping label during the process of making an online payment using the PayPal platform.
- First, you must open your favorite web browser, then navigate to the official PayPal website.
- From there, you need to log in with your official account detail.
- Next, you must click on the Activity tab to see the current transactions.
- Select the relevant transaction needed for the label.
- When the desired order is expanded, click on Print Shipping Label.
- Please choose the shipping carrier, whether it be USPS or UPS.
- The next step is to enter the preferred shipping information.
- If the information is accurate, then click the Confirm and Pay button.
- You’ll be asked to either pay with your credit card or via your PayPal balance.
Finally, please go ahead and click on Print Label to have it printed via your printer. And yes, you will need a printer connected to your computer to complete the task.
2] Create a PayPal shipping label without an invoice, transaction, or a purchase order
In some cases, users might want to create a shipping label for a parcel that has not gone through a PayPal transaction. So, let us explain how to get this done the easy way.
- If you haven’t already, go ahead and log into PayPal.
- After you’ve done that, please go to https://paypal.shipstation.com/sales-orders/new.
- You should bookmark the address for easier access in the future.
- If everything goes according to plan, a pop-up window appear.
- This pop-up window is designed for the entry of the recipient’s shipping address, so ensure you’ve added it.
- Next, click on the button that reads, Ship to This Address.
Finally enter the address you’re shipping from. It should be Return to sender address if problems arise in the future. Therefore, ensure you’ve entered your address and not the one linked to the post office.
The next step here is to choose the preferred shipping service.
PayPal offers several shipping services, which include the likes of UPS and USPS.
After selecting the shipping service, you can now enter the parcel details. This usually entails the weight and other measurements.
Enter the shipping date when you’re done with the above, then navigate to Calculate Shipping Cost to see the exact shipping cost.
Finally, click on the Confirm and Pay button, then print your label to complete the task overall.
Are PayPal shipping labels cheaper?
From what we have found out, PayPal shipping label is cheaper when compared to retail options such as UPS and USPS. PayPal shipping offers discounted shipping rates from both UPS and USPS, hence why the service is cheaper at this time.
Can I create a shipping label on PayPal?
Yes, you can, and PayPal has been offering this service for multiple years, so it’s nothing new. Additionally, we should note that users can create a shipping label that is independent of a PayPal order, something we suspect many business owners will find pleasing.