Apple introduced its new wireless earphones after dropping the headphone jack from their latest iPhones of that time. They named it AirPods. Not surprising, these new earphones work with the help of Bluetooth. Even though it is said that they will only work with Apple’s iPhones, there is a relatively simple way by which it can be paired up with a computer running Windows 10. However, it stands to be a little different than others and reconnecting is relatively different too. In this article, we will be finding out how to connect Apple AirPods to Windows 10.
Pair AirPods to Windows 10
We will be covering two scenarios for using Apple’s AirPods’ with a Windows 10 computer:
- Pairing the AirPods for the first time.
- Reconnecting the AirPods.
1] Pairing the AirPods for the first time
Before pairing, make sure that AirPods are at least 40% charged. If not, insert into the AirPod case, and charge it. Keep it inside for the pairing process.
- Open the cap of your AirPods’ case.
- Press and hold the circular button on the rear portion of the charging case for few seconds.
- Release the button when the light inside the case blinks in white colour.
- Open Windows Settings app. (WIN + I)
- Navigate to Devices > Bluetooth
- Select Add Bluetooth or other devices.
- In a mini window that pops up, select Bluetooth.
- A list of available Bluetooth devices will be populated.
- Select your AirPods from there.
- It will automatically pair and connect your AirPods, and they will be available for the first use.
2] Reconnecting the AirPods again
Technically, once paired, your AirPods should be able to auto connect to already paired devices. But the chances are that you have it connected to your phone or tablet. So if it doesn’t connect automatically, it is best to connect it manually.
- Open Settings and navigate to Devices > Bluetooth.
- Under the section of Audio, select the entry for your AirPods.
- Select the button that says Connect.
- Once it prompts you of the connection, you are good to go.
If it still keeps connecting an disconnecting, read our guide on how you can fix AirPods frequent disconnection.
The guide should help you connect AirPods to your Windows 10 computer.