WhatsApp allows you to customize in many ways, one of which is changing any WhatsApp group wallpaper or background. Earlier, any wallpaper change applied to all groups and personal chat, but with the option to customize each, you can have a unique background for every group and chat. So, in this article, we will discuss how to change the group chat wallpaper in Whatsapp to make your group look unique and different from other group chat wallpaper images.
What is group wallpaper or group chat wallpaper?
A group chat wallpaper is the background image or design one can choose to personalize the chat window. You can set a wallpaper for a particular group or change your wallpaper for all chats. Additionally, you can dim your dark mode wallpaper and select wallpapers for dark or light modes.
While the methods remain the same, here is how you can change the wallpaper on Android and iPhone. Since this is a user-based feature, anyone can do it, even if the person is not an admin of the group or community.
How to change Group Chat Wallpaper in WhatsApp on Android
Here is how to change the group chat wallpaper on an Android phone:
- Open Whatsapp and choose the group chat you want to change the wallpaper of.
- Next, click on the hamburger menu (three vertical dots) in the top right corner of your group chat.
- Choose the Wallpaper option. The Custom Wallpaper window will open.
- You will see four options; Bright, Dark, Solid Colors, and My Photos.
- Click on any of these options, choose the required wallpaper, and press SET WALLPAPER, and your wallpaper will be set in the group chat.
- When you choose custom wallpaper, Whatsapp will prompt you if you want to only set for that group or apply for all.
Note: You can also use the Default Wallpaper option to reset WhatsApp’s default wallpaper.
Related: Best Whatsapp Tips and Tricks
How to change Group Chat Wallpaper in WhatsApp on iPhone
Here is how to change the group chat wallpaper on an iPhone:
- Open Whatsapp on your iPhone and choose the group chats you want to change the wallpaper of.
- Next, click on the group name at the top of the chat.
- Scroll down and choose Wallpaper & Sound.
- Click on Choose a New Wallpaper.
- On the Chat Wallpaper menu, you will find four options; Bright, Dark, Solid Colors, and Photos.
- Choose the required option to choose the wallpaper and press Set. Your custom wallpaper for the group chat will be set.
- If you want to remove the wallpaper, go back to Choose a New Wallpaper option and click Remove a Custom Wallpaper, which will go back to the default wallpaper.
You can choose bright, dark, and solid colors or personal photos from the list of wallpapers to change the group chat wallpaper. Depending on the eyes’ comfort, some may choose a dark theme at night and a bright one during the daytime. Some may prefer to use personal photos to set as the wallpaper of group chats, e.g., family group chats. So, these are the simple ways to change the group chat wallpaper in Whatsapp on Android and iPhone devices. I hope the post was easy to follow and that you could change the wallpaper.
Is WhatsApp chat wallpaper visible to all?
Any wallpaper change, Group or individual chat, is restricted to the user. Simply put, if you change the wallpaper, it is only visible to you and not the entire group. Unless you share a screenshot of the interface, the wallpaper is only visible on your device and not to your contacts. Also, there is no setting, as of now, that allows admins to change the wallpaper for everyone.
How do I change the theme of a WhatsApp group?
To change the theme of a WhatsApp group, you need to go through the aforementioned steps. It is possible to change the wallpaper or theme on Android as well as iOS mobiles using this guide. For your information, you can use almost any picture as the background wallpaper.