This post will show you how to allow or disallow domain users to log on using Biometrics. Biometrics in Windows allows users to use fingerprint, facial recognition, or iris recognition as an alternative method to unlock a device. Keep reading this post to learn how to use biometrics on domains.
How to Allow or Disallow Domain users to log on using Biometrics in Windows 11/10
Follow these steps to allow or disallow users to log on using biometrics:
1] Using Local Group Policy Editor
To allow or disallow domain users to log on using biometrics follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type gpedit.msc and hit Enter.
- Once the group policy editor opens, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Biometrics.
- In the right pane, click on Allow domain users to log in using biometrics and enable or disable this policy according to your requirement.
2] Using Registry Editor
Here’s how you can allow or disallow users to log in using biometrics:
- Press the Windows key, type regedit and hit Enter.
- Once the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following path:
- Create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value in the right pane and name it Domain Accounts.
- Double-click on the newly created value and set the value data as 0 to disable and 1 to enable domain users to sign in using biometrics.
- Click on Ok once done to save the changes.
I hope this helps.
Read: This PIN is not working for your organization’s resources – Windows Hello
How do I enable fingerprint logon in Windows?
To enable fingerprint logon in Windows, open Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and click the Fingerprint recognition (Windows Hello) button. Click on the setup option, select get started, and then enter your PIN. Now, follow the instructions on-screen to complete the fingerprint scanner setup.
How do I disable Biometric Devices?
To disable biometric devices on your PC, open the Device Manager, right-click the Biometric Devices option, and select Disable. Once done, all the biometric devices will be disabled on your Windows device.