Microsoft Easy Assist allows a Microsoft support professional to remotely connect to your computer and help you solve a problem. Using a secure connection, the support professional can view your desktop and perform diagnostics and troubleshooting steps.
Microsoft Easy Assist
Before using Easy Assist, you’ll need to contact a support professional and obtain a session ID. Once you have a session ID, go to the Easy Assist webpage to receive Remote Assistance Support from Microsoft.
Microsoft Easy Assist empowers Help desk organizations with the ability to work issues directly on their user’s systems. It provides a substantial increase in features over traditional remote support solutions such as Windows Remote Assistance or Remote Desktop Connection. Microsoft Easy Assist is about improving your customer’s support experience, and your support organization’s ability to provide efficient and successful assistance.
Microsoft Easy Assist offers the following remote support features:
- Full desktop sharing between Support Professionals and their customers.
- Single application sharing,
- Ability to record a visual portion of the session for later review.
- Session reporting and summary e-mail generation. Allows tieback to an existing ticket system.
- Easy to use interface for Support Professionals and their customers.
- File transfer support during the session. File transfer (upload/download) includes antivirus protection using Microsoft Forefront technology.
- Reboot and reconnect, allows Support Professionals to automatically restart their customer’s system and reconnect to the Easy Assist session.
- Support Professionals can assist customers even in Windows Safe Mode, using the Easy Assist Safe Mode console.
- Chat support during a session with customers, and private chat with other Support Professionals.
End-users who need support may have to download the Microsoft Easy Assist support console for joining an Easy Assist session and also the Microsoft Easy Assist Safe Mode Client for troubleshooting within Windows Safe Mode. Support Agents may need to download the Easy Assist Launchpad for setting up Easy Assist sessions and also the Microsoft Easy Assist support console for joining an Easy Assist session.
You can get the download links here.
NOTE: You can now also give or take Tech Support remotely using Quick Assist in Windows 10.
- Tags: Support