In this article, we will cover some best free online tools to add watermark to videos. If you are a content creator, these free tools will be beneficial for you as you can add copyright to your videos in the form of a watermark so that no other creator can use your video. In addition to adding a watermark to your videos, you can also edit your videos for free using these tools.
Free online tools to add Watermark to Videos
We have the following online tools on our list:
- Online Converter
- WATERMARK VIDEO from KAPWING
- Media.io from Wondershare
Let’s see what features these tools offer and how to use these tools to add watermark to videos.
1] Online Converter
Online Converter is a free online conversion service that comes with different conversion tools. These tools include Unit Converter, Video Converter, Audio Converter, Image Converter, Ebook Converter, and Document Converter. You can add watermark to your videos by using their free Video Converter tool, which is available on their official website onlineconverter.com. It is the only tool on this list that lets you add both text and image watermarks to your videos. The maximum upload size of the video is 190 MB.
How to add watermark to videos using Online Converter
- Visit the official website by clicking on the link provided above.
- Click on the Browse button and select the video file. The size of the video file should be equal to or less than 190 MB.
- Select the type of watermark that you want to add (text or image).
- Type your text (in case you select the text watermark option) and upload the image (if you select the Image watermark).
- Select the position of your watermark.
- Select top and left margin (in pixels).
- Click on the Watermark button to start processing.
The time taken by the software to add a watermark to your video depends on the size of your video. However, if the upload process takes a very long time, cancel it, reload the page, and upload the video again.
When the processing gets completed, you can download the video by clicking on the Download button. You can also change the Font Style, Font Format (normal, bold, italic, etc.), and Font Color for the text watermark. For an image watermark, you can select its background as opaque, or transparent, or leave it to default.
The video formats supported by Online Converter include MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, FLV, 3GP, WMV, etc. Online Converter does not change the name of the converted video. Hence, rename your video file or save it to another location if you do not want it to replace the original video.
VEED.IO is another free online tool or website that lets you add a watermark to your videos. Using this free tool, you can add only text watermarks to your videos. It has both free and paid plans. In the free plan, you will get unlimited projects and unlimited downloads with some limitations, have a look:
- The maximum video upload length is 10 minutes.
- You can upload a video of a maximum of 250 MB size.
- The export quality of the videos is 720 pixels.
- Your videos will have a VEED.IO watermark in addition to your watermark.
How to use VEED.IO to add a watermark to your videos
- Visit the official website to add a watermark to your video.
- Now, click on the Upload Your Video button and select your video. You will see an intro video. You can skip it.
- VEED.IO shows the uploaded video on the right side. You can play the video by clicking on the Play button. All the video editing tools are available on the left side.
- To add a text watermark to your video, select Text from the left side.
- Now, select the text style from the available styles. You can select the Font Style and Font Color of your text.
- After selecting the text format, type your text in the Text Box. You will see your text watermark in the video preview available on the right side.
- By default, the text watermark does not cover the entire video. If you want your text watermark to appear on the entire video, type the time accordingly. The time fields are available just below the Text Box.
When you are done, click on the Export button. The uploaded video will remain saved on their server for up to 24 hours. If you create a free account on their website, you can save the uploaded videos to the cloud. Free users get 2 GB of free cloud storage space.
After adding a watermark to your video, you can play it in your web browser or download it as MP4, MP3, and GIF. Moreover, you can also email the video, embed it into your website by copying the embed code, and share it on social platforms.
3] WATERMARK VIDEO from KAPWING
WATERMARK VIDEO is a free tool from KAPWING that lets users edit videos. You can use this free tool to add test watermarks to your videos. It also has both free and paid plans. The free plan comes with good features but has some limitations. Some of these features and limitations are:
- Unlimited exports of videos.
- A KAPWING watermark will be added automatically to your videos along with your text watermark.
- The maximum upload limit in the free plan is 250 MB.
- You can export videos of a maximum duration of 10 minutes.
- You will get 1 watermark free video every month in the free plan. For this, you have to create a free account on its official website.
How to use WATERMARK VIDEO from KAPWING
Let’s see how to add a watermark to your videos using the free WATERMARK VIDEO tool from KAPWING.
- First, visit the official website of KAPWING, kapwing.com.
- Drag the video to the box available on the right side of the interface or you can click on the Click to upload button. In addition to this, you can also add videos from Google Drive and Google Photos. The video preview is displayed at the center of the interface.
- After uploading a video, you can edit it by using the tools available on the left and right sides.
- To add a text watermark, click on the Text option from the left side.
- Now, select the style of your text from the available text styles.
- You will see a sample text in the selected text style in the video preview. You can access the tools to change the text format, text color, text size, etc., from the right side of the interface.
By default, the text does not appear in the entire video. The tool shows video frames at the bottom. You will see your text box just below the video frames. If you want your text watermark to appear in the entire video, place your cursor at the end of the text box and stretch it to the entire length of the video. Alternatively, you can directly input the time. To do so, select the text on the video preview, then click on the TIMING tab on the right side. Now, enter the start and end times for your watermark.
When you are done, click on the Export button to start processing. After the processing gets completed, you can download the video or share it by copying the link. You can also use that link to embed the video into your website. Other video sharing options are Twitter, Facebook, and Tiktok.
4] Media.io from Wondershare
Media.io from Wondershare is one more free tool to add a watermark to videos for free. Media.io is only supported in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. You cannot use this tool in browsers other than Chrome and Edge. Before we talk about how to use Media.io, let’s see what features you will get in its free plan.
- You can edit videos with a maximum duration of 30 minutes.
- If you want to convert a video or an audio file, the maximum size limit for that file is 100 MB.
- The maximum file size that you can upload for video and or audio compression is 500 MB.
- Only 25 files are allowed to compress or convert.
- The processing speed is normal.
Unlike the two free video watermark tools listed above, you will not get a Media.io watermark or a Wondershare watermark in addition to your text watermark in the free plan.
How to use Media.io from Wondershare to add a watermark to videos
- Visit media.io.
- Click on the Watermark Video Now button.
- Click on the Upload Media button and select the video from your computer to upload. You can also upload the video file via URL.
- After uploading the file, Media.io will show your video in the preview pane and display all the frames of your video at the bottom.
- To add the text watermark, click on the Text option on the left side and then select the format of the text.
- Your text will be shown in the preview pane. Double-click on the text to type. You can change the Font Style, Font Size, and Font Format (bold, italic, and underline) of your text. You can also add a transition effect to your text.
Just above the video frames, you will see your text box. You can stretch this text box to the entire length of the video if you want your watermark to appear in your entire video. When you are done, click on the Export button and then click Continue. Before exporting the video, you have to create a free account on their website. Without that, you will not be able to export your video. Moreover, if you create an account, all the videos will be saved to the cloud.
Flixier is an online video editing tool that comes with both free and paid versions. You can use Flixier to add a watermark to your videos. Have a look at some of the features and limitations that you will get in the free plan of Flixier.
- Storage space of up to 2 GB.
- Export time of up to 10 minutes per month.
- Maximum video resolution of 720 pixel HD.
- Unlimited projects and unlimited downloads.
- Your videos will have a Flixier watermark in addition to your text watermark.
How to use Flixier to add a watermark to videos
- Visit flixier.com and click on the Choose video button.
- You will see different options to upload a video. You can upload a video from your device, Google Drive, Google Photos, Dropbox, OneDrive, URL, etc.
- After uploading the video, you can add text by selecting the Text option from the left side. The text formatting options are also available in Flixier.
- After adding the text, you can stretch the text box (just above the video frames) up to the length to which you want your watermark to appear in the video.
When you are done, you can export your file as a video, audio, and GIF.
How do I create a watermark online?
You can create a watermark or logo online by using free online Logo Maker and Logo Creating services. Whether you have started a new business or launched a new product in the market, it should have your brand logo. By using these free watermark or logo-creating online tools, you can design your own logo perfectly, no matter whether you have an experience in logo creation or not.
How do I watermark a video on my computer?
You can add a watermark to your videos by using free online services or websites. The free plan of these free online video watermark tools has some limitations but it also offers good features. We have listed some best free online tools to add a watermark to videos in this article.
Read next: Best free Video Editing Software for Windows PC.