Free Download Manager is a safe, user-friendly and free download accelerator and manager for Windows OS, distributed under GPL license. The application is developed in an effort to make the downloading process a lot easier. The free version of the downloading program is available as a lite version and desired features can be installed as a plug-in.
It accelerates downloads by splitting files into sections and then downloading them simultaneously, resulting in an increase in download speeds! FDM can also resume broken downloads so you needn’t start downloading from the beginning after casual interruption.
Using Free Download Manager, you can download video from many websites. The video can then be saved in native .flv format or converted to one of more popular video formats. In addition, Free Download Manager allows you to: adjust traffic usage; to organize and schedule downloads; download video from video sites; download whole web sites with HTML Spider; operate the program remotely, via the internet, and more!
A built-in Upload Manager lets you upload your files easily to share them with other people. Upload manager can be easily integrated with your Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer or Outlook Express.
A very notable feature of the freeware is that it never downloads the entire file at once but splits them into several sections first and then downloads them simultaneously. This helps to accelerate the software and increases its download speed up to 600%. Apart from this, there is no need to resume the download from the beginning after a casual interruption. FDM automatically initiates the unfinished download from the point where it was interrupted.
Free Download Manager features:
- HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/Bit Torrent support – Downloads files using BitTorrent protocol
- Flash video download – Downloads videos from popular video sites such as YouTube, Google video and save them in .FLV format or converts them into other popular video formats
- Easy file sharing – Houses a built-in upload manager that lets you upload your files and share them with others
- Spyware protection through active communication among users – Allows you to read what other community members haveto say about the file you are going to download. Thereby, warning you against any useless or malicious files
- Remote Control – Views the list of active and completed downloads remotely, via Internet
- Smart file management and powerful scheduler– Organizes the downloaded files by their type and saves them in predefined folders
- HTML Spider – Downloads whole web pages/whole web sites, can be fine-tuned to download files with specified extensions only.
Free Download Manager can be utilized to organize downloads, set the connection, launch the programs and can effectively function as a site manager, accelerator, site explorer and a scheduler. I am using it on my Windows 7 x64 and it works just fine!
You can download Free Download Manager from here.
Using some other freeware download manager? Please do share your experience.
Go here if you are looking for more Free Download Managers for Windows.