Some EA gamers are seeing the following error message when trying to launch a game:
Sorry this account is not able to play online. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for more information. Error Code: 524
Usually, this error is for accounts with an age less than 13. However, many verified accounts are experiencing the same problem. So, in this article, we are going to see how to fix EA Error Code 524 and get your gaming life back on track.
What does EA Error Code 524 mean?
EA Error Code 524 basically means that your account is not able to play online, you have a connection issue or you cannot connect. It could be a server issue, your network settings, your account could have been banned, deactivated or you are underage.
How to fix EA Error Code 524
If you are below 13 then I won’t recommend you play these games as it is not for you. There are pretty violent games and hence, can have an adverse effect on your mind. These are the things you can do to fix EA Error Code 524.
- Check the EA server status
- Check your Account status
- Create a new Xbox One Profile
- Age Up the EA Account
Let us talk about them in detail.
1] Check the EA server status
You need to check out Xbox Live, PlayStation and Nintendo to see if they’re having any issues. Using an online download or not detector service can help.
Different EA games run on different servers. If you’re having trouble with a game, you can check that game’s page to see its server status.
2] Check your Account status
You might want to also see if your account is banned, your membership is alive or not, or if your EA account is deactivated or deleted.
3] Create a new Xbox One Profile
Since this issue is related to your age. Creating an Xbox profile with the Date of Birth set such that your age is 18 can rectify the issue. You can follow the given steps to create a new Xbox One Profile.
- Go to the Sign In page by clicking on the upper left corner of the home screen.
- Then click Add New and add your credentials.
- You need to make sure that this time your age is 18+(just to be safe).
Then follow the on-screen instructions and check if the issue is fixed.
4] Age Up the EA Account
If you don’t want to create a new Xbox one account, or if you are not on an Xbox, try using aging up the EA account. There are two ways by which you can do the same.
- Automatic Notice: When you create a Child account, EA keeps the account of your age. And when it reaches the required limit, usually 13, EA mails you about to migrate saved games, logs, and other account information to an account with no such restrictions.
- Contact EA Support: If the previous method is not something you can consider or if it doesn’t work for you, try contacting EA for support. You can go to help.ea.com for further assistant.
If you need more help, you can always contact @EAHelp on Twitter.
Hopefully, you will be able to resolve the error with these solutions.