Find and Run Robot is a program actually for hardcore keyboard users. The program helps users to rapidly find important files or documents from in just one keypress. Just one hit launches the utility. After that you just need to type the first letters of the application you want to launch. As your keyword matches with the name of application then you will get the list of the files. Finally just hit the number to launch the exact program.
Find and Run Robot let the user to search the exact file or application efficiently. It is also known as FARR (Find and Run Robot). FARR is innocuous and uses little RAM. You can hit the Pause/Break key to bring up the launching window. Search results are numbered and automatically sorted using built-in scoring systems unique to the program.
For example, if you want the result number nine then simply type ALT+9 and hit enter. There is no need to handle the mouse or keyboard to type a longer string. A Launch History tab in the program always keeps a track of the files or applications that you have launched before.
Features of Find and Run Robot:
- Fully documented and actively developed with new features.
- Users can run the program right out-of-the-box and no configuration is needed.
- The most customizable application, for those who love to tweak settings.
- Caches programs you launch for instantaneous repeat searches and adaptive scoring.
- Dozens of built-in special alias commands are available.
- Commands allows you to perform tons of different web searches and other operations.
- Create and share (xml) alias packs with your friends to add custom commands and menus.
- Install (open source) plugins to add advanced functionality.
- Low system overhead, fully portable and can be run from a USB thumb drive. It doesn´t harm your registry.
- Drag+Drop results from the result view. Just one right-click to access file system properties or advanced functions.
- No file indices are used, so results are always up to date with less memory use.
- Dozens of skins are available. Customize the fonts sizes of all graphical elements of the user interface.
- Full directory browsing function with live search filtering. Users can manually browse and locate the files.
- Customizable toolbar for common functions and operations. Just like Drag+Drop results from the result view.
- Automatic updating main program and plugins. This is fully optional.
- Customize hotkey triggers to launch and perform specific searches. Users can copy selected text to the clipboard.
You can watch the video here to get an idea.
Download: Find and Run Robot.