Epic Games is among the most popular gaming platforms for gamers. PC Gamers can purchase games from Epic Games Store and add them to their games library. Sometimes, the Epic Games Launcher appears blank or displays incorrectly due to which the users cannot play the games comfortably. This usually happens due to the incorrect DPI or display settings. If this issue occurs on your computer, this post may help you fix it.
Epic Games Launcher not displaying properly or appears blank
Try these fixes to solve the incorrect or blank display issue on Epic Games Launcher:
- Clear Epic Games Launcher’s web cache.
- Use your onboard Graphics Card.
- Run Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter.
- Change high DPI settings.
- Update your system BIOS.
Now, let’s have a deep look at these troubleshooting methods.
1] Clear Epic Games Launcher’s web cache
Because the issue has occurred on your system suddenly, the Epic Games launcher’s web cache may be the culprit. Clearing the cache can fix the issue.
The steps for the same are listed below:
- Epic Games Launcher runs in the background. Hence, first, you have to exit the launcher completely. For this, right-click on the Epic Games Launcher icon in the System Tray and click Exit.
- Now, you have to open the Local folder. For this, launch the Run command box and type %localappdata%, and then click OK.
- There, you will find the Epic Games Launcher folder. Open it.
- Now, open the Save folder and then delete the webcache folder.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue is fixed.
2] Use your onboard Graphics Card
Windows 10 laptops come with a feature by using which you can force any app to use the onboard Graphics Card. You can apply this trick with the Epic Games Launcher to solve display-related problems.
The steps to do this are listed below:
- Open the Graphics Settings.
- Select Classic app from the list.
- Select the Epic Games Launcher executable file from your computer.
- Click on the Options and then select Power saving as the graphics preference.
- Click Save and exit.
Below, we have described these steps in detail.
1] Right-click on the Desktop and then select Display Settings.
2] Scroll down the right pane and select Graphics Settings.
3] Select the Classic app option in the Choose an app to set preference drop-down menu.
4] After selecting the Classic app option, click on the Browse button and go to the following location. There, you will find the Epic Games Launcher executable file. Select it and click on the Add button.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64
5] Now, click Options and select Power Saving. After that, click Save.
6] Close the Settings app and launch Epic Games Launcher and see if the issue is fixed or not.
3] Run Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter
Microsoft Windows comes with a variety of troubleshooting tools. When a problem occurs, running these troubleshooting tools can fix the error. You can run Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter and see if it fixes the Epic Games Launcher blank screen problem.
Please follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the Epic Games Launcher icon on Desktop and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and then deselect the checkbox under the Compatibility mode section. After that, click on the Run compatibility troubleshooter button.
- When the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter is launched, click Try recommended settings.
- Now, click Test the program. If you will get a UAC prompt, click Yes. After that, Windows will test the program. When the testing gets completed, click Next.
- On the next screen, the troubleshooter will ask you whether the problem is fixed or not. Check whether or not the Epic Games launcher still appears blank. If the problem is fixed, click Yes, save these settings for this program and exit the troubleshooter. But if the problem still persists, select No, try again using different settings.
- On the next screen, select the checkbox adjacent to The program opens but doesn’t display correctly and deselect all other options. After that, click Next.
- Now, select the checkbox next to the Error message saying the program needs to run in 256 colors or 8-bit color mode option and deselect the rest of the options. Click Next.
- Select the Yes, try again using different settings option, and then click Next.
- Now, click Test the program again and click Next when the testing is finished. The issue should be fixed now.
- Select the Yes, save these settings for this program option, and close the troubleshooter.
Restart your computer and launch the Epic Games Launcher. Now, the problem should be fixed. If not, try the next suggestion.
4] Change the DPI settings
If the troubleshooter does not fix the issue, you can try to change the DPI settings for the Epic Games Launcher.
We have listed the steps for the same below:
- Right-click on the Epic Games Launcher icon on your Desktop and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and then click Change high DPI settings.
- Now, select the checkbox next to the Override high DPI scaling behavior option and select Application in the drop-down menu.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Now, check if the Epic Games Launcher still appears blank or the problem is fixed.
5] Update your system BIOS
If despite trying all the fixes described above, the issue still persists, updating your system BIOS may fix the problem.
Hope this helps.
Why is Epic Games not installing?
You may experience the Epic Games installation errors due to many reasons, like slow or unstable internet connection, permission issues, etc. When you encounter the Epic Games installation error, first, close the Epic Games Launcher and then run it as an administrator. Apart from that, you can also try some other things, like:
- Check whether or not you have read or write access to the installation folder.
- Change the installation location of the game.
- Update your Graphics Card drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
Why does my Epic Games Launcher not show games?
The Epic Games Launcher does not show you the installed games in the following cases:
- You have more than one Epic Games account and you have logged into Epic Games with another account.
- If you have refunded the game on your Epic Games account, you will not be able to download it due to the refund policy.
- If the game was available for a limited time. For example, if you have downloaded the beta version of the game, it will be removed from your library automatically after its time period is over.
- The code that you are using to activate your game has been reported as fraudulent by the developer. In such a case you should contact the retailer from whom you have purchased the game.
- If you have applied any filters to your game library, the Launcher will not show you all the games.
You can try the following things to troubleshoot the issue:
- Restart the Epic Games Launcher.
- Uncheck the Hide Game Library option.
1] Restart the Epic Games Launcher
The process to restart the Epic Games Launcher is a bit different.
We have listed the instructions below:
- Close the Epic Games launcher.
- Now, click on the System Tray and right-click on the Epic Games Launcher icon, and select Exit.
- After that, you have to clear the launcher’s command-line arguments (if any). For this, right-click on the Epic Games Launcher Desktop icon and select Properties.
- Select the Shortcut tab.
- It should display only the path of the executable file. If you find any other arguments, like -http=wininet, delete them.
- Click Apply and then OK to save the settings.
- Now, double-click on the Epic Games Launcher to run it.
2] Uncheck the Hide Game Library option
Epic Games Launcher has an option by enabling which you can hide your game library. It is possible that you have enabled this feature by mistake due to which you are experiencing this issue. You can check this in the Settings of Epic Games Launcher. If the option is enabled, deselect the checkbox.