If you have been using Instagram image and video sharing website, it might interest you know that you can download Instagram data using Instagram Data Export Tool. Instagram recently started rolling out this feature for Android and iOS app. However, you can do the same in the Web version as well.
What can you download from Instagram
Although it doesn’t collect information like Facebook does, you will find the following information in the downloaded archive-
- Photos: You can find all the images that you uploaded earlier on Instagram.
- Videos: Not only just image but also you can download shared videos from Instagram.
- Comment: If you have commented on any photo or video, you can find that as well.
- Profile information: All the profile data including your email ID, phone number, website, etc. can be downloaded through this method.
How to download Instagram data
To download Instagram data, follow these steps:
- Open Instagram on your browser and log in to your account.
- Click on the More button in the bottom left corner.
- Select the Settings option.
- Switch to the Privacy and security tab.
- Head to the Data download section.
- Click on the Request download button.
- Select the Information format and click the Next button.
- Enter your password and click the Request Download button.
To learn more about these steps, continue reading.
To get started, open Instagram and log into your account.
Click on your profile avatar and the settings gear button visible next to your profile username.
On the popup, select Privacy and Security. Next, you need to switch from Edit Profile tab to Privacy and Security if it is not already open.
Scroll down a bit until you find Data Download title.
Click on Request Download button.
Following that, you need to enter your email ID and password of your profile.
You need to now wait for sometime until you get an email containing all the information. As per the official statement, it may take up to 48 hours to get the email. But chances are you might get the email within one hour or so.
How do I read Instagram data files?
Instagram allows users to download data in two different formats – HTML and JSON. It is recommended to download the data in HTML format so that you can easily read it on your computer. After downloading, you can head to the downloaded file and open each of them one after one. Next, you can open the HTML files in your browser or any other text editing tool to start checking them.
Does Instagram data download include deleted messages?
For obvious reasons, Instagram doesn’t include deleted messages when you download or export data using the Instagram Data Export Tool. However, you can find all the other things, including messages, photos, videos, comments, profile information, etc. Even though it is the official tool, it doesn’t include the messages once you have deleted them.
That’s all! Hope this guide helped.