In Windows 11/10, before you sign in, you may get to see some advertisements, fun facts, and tips on your lock screen. This is a new feature that has been introduced by Microsoft. While many of you may find this interesting, some of you may want to disable these lock screen ads and tips. If you wish to, then this post will show you how to do it.
Disable Lock Screen Ads and Tips on a Windows PC
The option to disable the lock screen ads and tips is available in the Windows Settings app. The user interface of Windows 11 is completely different from that of the Windows 10 operating system. Therefore, here we will explain the process to disable the lock screen ads and tips on both Windows 11 and Windows 10 computers.
How to disable lock screen ads and tips on Windows 11
Windows 11 users have to follow the instructions below:
- Right-click on the Windows 11 Start menu and click Settings. This will launch the Settings app.
- In the Settings app, select Personalization from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Lock screen tab on the right pane. You might have to scroll down to locate this tab.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to the Personalize your lock screen tab. After that, expand this tab (if it does not expand by itself) by clicking on the down arrow.
- Deselect the “Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your lock screen” checkbox.
Once you deselect the checkbox, Windows 11 will not show you as and tips on your lock screen.
How to disable Windows 10 Lock Screen Ads and Tips
In Windows 10, before you sign-in, you may get to see some advertisements, fun facts, and tips on your lock screen.
- Open the Start Menu and click open Settings.
- Next click open the Personalization section and then select Lock screen in the left panel.
- Here you will see a setting Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your lock screen.
- Toggle the switch to the Off position.
- Once you have done this, you also have to disable the Spotlight feature.
- Having done this, Windows 10 will now not display the Lock Screen ads and tips.
Microsoft has brought a few new things to the Windows Lock Screen and the Sign-in screen. The sign-in screen now even displays the lock screen image, which is pretty cool in my opinion. But you can, if you wish, display a plain background on the sign-in screen too.
If you do not wish to show app icons & the number of new notifications in the Notification Center Taskbar icon, you can also disable them.
How do I get rid of Windows 11/10 lock screen ads?
If you want to get rid of Windows 11/10 lock screen ads, you have to personalize your lock screen by disabling the “Get fun facts, tips, tricks…” feature. We have explained the procedure to do this above in this article.
How do I disable ads in Windows 11?
You can easily block ads on Windows by configuring your privacy settings.
Configuring the privacy settings on Windows 11 is a bit different from that of the Windows 10 platform. For your convenience, we are listing the steps to block the personalized ads on Windows 11 below:
- Right-click on the Windows 11 Start menu and click Settings.
- Once the Settings app is launched, select Privacy & Security from the left pane.
- Take your cursor on the right pane and click on the General tab in the Windows permissions section.
- Now, turn off the options as per your requirement. For example, if you don’t let the apps show you personalized ads by using your advertising data, turn off the first option. If you do not want to see the suggested content in the Windows 11 Settings app, turn off the last option (refer to the above screenshot).
If you want to block the personalized ads on the internet, you have to harden the privacy settings of the search engines. In addition to this, you can also install the ad blocker extensions on the web browser that you use to surf the internet.
Now see how you can completely remove all Ads in Windows.