Well, the first question that comes to your mind when you read the title of this post is “Why do I need a textured slide background?”. Well, the reason is simple. When you are giving a presentation to a larger audience, you would like to have a presentation background that is visible to all. Moreover, it also lends a professional look to your presentation.
Create a textured slide background in PowerPoint
Another question you might ask is “Is White background not good enough to lend a professional look?”. Again the simplest answer is that, yes, any single color will work but they might look like a spot light to the audience who are sitting at the back. Moreover, having a textured background fills your presentations with some color which keeps the audience hooked to your presentation.
So let’s learn how to create a textured slide background in Microsoft PowerPoint:
- Start Microsoft PowerPoint
- Now insert any picture which you think can be used as texture partially or fully. Just to explain, I am inserting pictures taken by me.
- As you can see, it is a picture of hills, I believe I can make some good texture from it so let’s try it out. We will first try to play with some Colors.
- Now try out some Artistic Effects to see which style can look good for your presentation. It will depend totally upon applying the different artistic effects and colors.
- To fine-tune the texture and to try something more, you can use Corrections.
- Now you can crop the picture if you want or even Remove the Background. Finally, after putting in all my creative efforts I am able to get this texture.
One problem which you might encounter is that you might not find images that can be used for making textures so I would suggest you search the images which are under Creative Commons License. This way you will find good images without any issues of Licensing or Copyright.