The Command Prompt in Windows 10, conhost.exe, gets several new features.Not only does it get a new code, and improved editing features, you can also make it go full-screen or make it transparent. Let us take a look at some of the new features in the console before we see how to make the CMD windows transparent.
New features on Command Prompt in Windows 10
- The Command Prompt gets several architecture update. Since Windows Vista, all console functionality has lived in this single conhost executable. The primary function of Conhost.exe now is to load either a DLL containing the original console or one that contains our new code.
- The Command Prompt windows can now go full-screen 80 characters wide was just fine. You can grab the edge and pull the console window wider. Clicking on the Maximize button will make it go full-screen.
- Word wrap has been.
- Click-and-drag selection will understand and select line by line. If you need to select in block mode, simply hold down the ALT key when starting a selection.
- Improved keyboard editing and selection
- Text selection and editing keys introduced
- The quick-edit mode enabled by default.
- Console windows can now be semi-transparent.
You can get the full details at Windows.com.
Make Command Prompt transparent in Windows 10
You now longer need to take the help of third-party apps to make the command prompt window transparent in Windows 10. To do this, right-click on the title bar and select Properties.
Here under the Colors tab, you can set the transparency by moving the slider. The minimum opacity allowed is 30%. Using this setting, you can make the console window semi-transparent.
You might want to also check out this Command Prompt Tips and Tricks that is sure to make you use the console more efficiently.