Network Monitor from Microsoft, is a protocol analyzer. It allows you to capture network traffic, view and analyze it. Version 3.4 is an update and Network Monitor 3.x is a complete overhaul of the previous Network Monitor 2.x version.
Microsoft Network Monitor
The Network Monitor core engine has been decoupled from the parser set.
To install the full Network Monitor 3.4 product:
- Run the setup.exe for the platform you are installing.
- You will be prompted first to install the core engine. Follow the installation directions. Make sure you close existing instances of netmon.exe, nmcap.exe and any running NMAPI applications.
- Next, you will be prompted to install the parser package. Follow the installation directions.
To uninstall the full Network Monitor 3.4 product:
- Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel
- Uninstall both Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 and Microsoft Network Monitor: NetworkMonitor Parsers 3.4
Download Page: Microsoft.
Network Monitor is the archive versioned tool for network traffic capture and protocol analysis. You should download Microsoft Message Analyzer for updated parser support.
- Tags: Network