There are a variety of operating systems available for computers. Majorly dominated by Windows and macOS, but the PCs are also able to run a number of Linux-flavored operating systems. Ubuntu is one of the most used Linux flavors, the team at Bliss OS has managed to deploy Android on Windows too. Being an open-source operating system, Android 10 has been modified to be compatible with a mouse and a keyboard input. Although, even if you have a convertible PC like a Surface, it should respond to your touch inputs too. However, the Android 10 version of Bliss OS aka Bliss OS 12 is currently in Alpha testing and unavailable for everyone to use. This stands true until and unless you have a code that redirects you to the downloads page.
Bliss OS 12 brings Android 10 to any computer
To download and install Bliss OS 12 on your computer, you need to start by learning how to download it first.
- Go to the official GitHub website of BlissOS.
- Scroll down to the section of Bliss OS 12 Testing.
- Now, open this official XDA thread for Bliss OS 12.
- Hit CTRL + F key combinations on your keyboard while you are on the official XDA thread and search for Hint.
- On all the locations where the browser finds the word hint, you will get one particular location where you find a hashtag.
- Copy that hashtag.
- Paste that hashtag in the bot section of the GitHub page that we opened earlier and send the message.
When you have done this, it will change to something like this:
Select Go To Downloads.
It will automatically start downloading the latest build of Bliss OS 12 based on Android 10.
Installing Bliss OS 12
Installing this operating system on a PC is just like any other operating system.
- First, make a bootable USB drive with the ISO you just downloaded.
- Boot your computer from this USB drive now.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
While following these instructions, you can either run a LiveCD of Bliss OS 12 or install it like any other operating system.
Things you should know
There are some things that you should know in order to make a well-informed decision.
First, these Android 10 builds of Bliss OS 12 is still in Alpha testing and might contain bugs.
Second, if you wish to get a more stable version of Bliss OS, get the Android Pie version of Bliss OS from the stable downloads page on the official website,
Installing this operating system on your computer might result in loss of data, so you are advised to make a full backup of your USB drive and hard drive to recover the data just in case.
I hope you found this guide useful!