If you want to convert a file from one format to another file format, then use AVS Document Converter. It is a free all-in-one document converter that can read multiple formats and convert them to different formats within moments. You do not need to install multiple software to convert one file to more than one format. Let’s take a look at this freeware that you can install on Windows XP and all the later versions.
AVS Document Converter for Windows 10
AVS Document Converter lets you convert your files between DOC, PDF, DOCX, RTF, TXT, HTML, etc. Its features in a nutshell are:
- Convert files to multiple formats: This is the primary feature of this software. You can convert one file into multiple text formats within moments. It supports PDF, HTML, RTF, DOCX, etc. Other important formats are EPUB, MOBI, etc. You can convert a document to PDF, DOC, DOCX, HTML, ODT, RTF, TXT, EPUB, MOBI, JPG, PNG, etc.
- Bulk conversion: This is the second most important feature as most of the other document converters are lagging behind this tool because of this specialty.
- Password protection: If you are trying to convert a DOCX file to PDF, and you want to set a password, you can do that with the help of this software.
- Add watermark: Watermark helps you protect your document from being shared by a third-party. If you want to add a watermark in your document, you can do that before making the conversion.
- Merge documents: If you want to merge multiple documents into one, that is possible too. However, you have to choose the same format of the document.
- Extract images: Let’s assume that you have a Word document, and you want to extract all the photos from it. If the number of images is significant, you can use this tool to extract all images from your document.
- Change thumbnail: Thumbnail helps you quickly recognize a document. If so, you can use this tool to change the default thumbnail before converting it to another format.
- Print document: After opening a document in AVD Free Document Converter, you can print it as well.
After downloading, installing, and opening it on your computer, you will find a window like this-
You need to open a file to unlock all options. If you choose To PDF, you can find all the options mentioned above. For example, it will allow you to add a watermark, set a password, etc. The same options are not available if you choose To eBook.
How to add a watermark
If you have selected an option where the watermark option is visible on your left-hand side, you follow these steps. Please note that you need to set the watermark before converting the file.
For getting started, make a tick in the Watermark checkbox first. After that, you can write the text that you want to show as the watermark. Following that, you can choose a font, color, font size, opacity, etc.
It is possible to check out the live preview on your right-hand side.
How to set a password
You can set a password and allow or block people from editing, printing, or copying the document. If the Permissions panel is visible on your left-hand side, you can make a tick in the corresponding checkbox, enter the password, and set the restrictions.
How to extract images
If you have a file with a lot of images and you want to extract them all, you can follow these steps. At first, you need to open the document. After that, find the Extract Images section on your left-hand side, select a destination folder where you want to save all pictures, and click the Extract Images button.
How to merge documents
If you have multiple files and you want to merge them into one, you can do that. For that, you need to open all the files first. After that, expand the Merge section on your left-hand side, make a tick in the Merge open documents checkbox, and click the Convert Now button.
You can change the order of the documents. If you want to do that, you need to click the Change order button and make the changes accordingly.
If you are happy with your settings, watermark, etc. and you want to get the converted file, you need to choose a folder where you want to save the file. For that, click the Browse button visible on the bottom side, select a location, and click the Convert Now! button.
You can download the AVS Document Converter from the official download page.
CutePDF and WinScan2PDF are some of the other document converters for Windows 10.