When it comes to making changes in the way of students and your staff work, then it is a big deal indeed for any situation. Training, developing and testing the changes in quite crucial before implementation of the changes for successful services. Considering this fact, Microsoft has developed Microsoft Office 365 Education, to make the education simpler and faster for students. Office 365 Education is primarily intended to give students and teachers everything they require to collaborate and communicate and support education.
Office 365 Education basically provides the staff, faculty, and students at school with free email, sites, online document editing and storage, IM, and web conferencing facilities. It’s a great choice, for schools that want to modernize their communications and productivity infrastructure on their terms.
What is Office 365 Education
Microsoft Office 365 Education offers several beneficial features, right from and email to bundled version of Microsoft Office software with different plans, and online video conferencing to document sharing. With a payment for yearly or monthly subscription, the users are entitled to several services in the plan they opt for. Office 365 Education is a special version, especially designed for educational institutions, schools and colleges. The version includes scheduling and contacts management, exchange based email, video & audio conferring & chat using Microsoft Lync, instant messaging, and SharePoint for intranet based collaboration. Users can also access the Microsoft’s Office Web Application with this software and even update the online versions of OneNote, PowerPoint, Excel and Word Documents – which they can use to view edit and create documents. With the use of SharePoint, the users can even use Office 365 to create complete learning environment where they will be allowed to manage projects, share information, publish schemes of work, projects and announcements. So, with this, you can get the flexibility and power that your educational institution requires.
Office 365 Education is advantageous for students
Students can enjoy Office virtually anywhere
Office 365 Education offers staff, faculty, and students with all Office apps they are aware of and optimize them for their devices, thus enabling them to work easily whenever required.
- Get Office faster – It includes new streaming Office; thereby the users don’t need to wait longer for Office installation or stop their work in between to receive the Office updates. It enables the users to install new Office alongside with previous versions of Office.
- Roaming Settings – With this software, all your settings, custom dictionaries and recent documents follow your individual Microsoft account, therefore customizations and your work move along with you, even during roaming.
- Office Web Apps – The enhanced Office Web Applications allow the students to edit across multiple devices, right from the browser.
Enables students stay tuned with learning community
Office 365 Education make the way you work together, simpler, with robust communication tools.
- Multi Party HD Meetings – Students can work on their assignments anywhere with the use of video conferencing as it includes annotations, note taking and advanced sharing.
- Keep People Connected – Students can connect with more students now with the help of unified contact card that brings together Facebook, SharePoint and even LinkedIn updates. Students can also start calling, video chat and instant messaging with just a click.
- More private & secure with over 99% uptime SLA – Wide variety of privacy features are included and no scanning or documents or emails are allowed for advertising purposes. Globally redundant data centers, robust disaster recovery skills and constant data back-ups are few other features of Office 365 Education.
Students can run it the way they desire
Office 365 Education is designed to offer ultimate flexibility to students to handle and manage their assignments and projects in the way that works for them in the best way possible.
- Unified, and advanced admin experience – Students can manage Office 365 Education services easily from any browser, whilst having advanced Power Shell commands available for managing tasks automatically.
- Free up valuable resources – It decreases free up time and costs associated with management, deployment and maintenance of servers, thus offering more time to students to focus on their education related workloads.
- New Applications – It utilizes new cloud app model that enables the students to create scalable, secure and flexible cloud apps that also includes documents of other students. The advanced corporate catalog app enables the students to manage apps available within their institutions.
You can read more on this at Microsoft.
Author: Yogita Aggarwal is a passionate blogger from Delhi, India, who blogs at DreamTechie.com.