Has your Microsoft Office installation got corrupted? Are your Office programs not working properly? In this case rather than go for an uninstall – reinstall, you might want to repair Microsoft Office 2016/2013/2010/2007 installation, first. Here are the steps you will have to take in each case!
Repair Office 2016/2013/2010/2007
Open Control Panel and click Programs and Features.
Right-click the Office program that you want to repair, and select Change.
Next click Repair > Continue. Office will start repairing the apps.
Once the process is completed, restart your computer.
Online Repair of Office
You can also carry out Online Repair for Office 2016 or Office 365.
Quick Repair runs faster but only detects and replaces corrupted files. Online Repair takes longer, but does an uninstall and a complete repair.
Switches to help you troubleshoot and repair Microsoft Word
- To simply reset the Word registry values to default type winword /r in start search and hit Enter.
- To prevent Word from loading the macros type winword /m and hit Enter.
- To prevent Word from loading its add-ins, type winword /a and hit Enter.
Uninstall – Reinstall Office 2013 or Office 2010
- Open Control Panel and click Programs and Features.
- Double click Office.
- The program will start its un-installation process
- On completion, restart the computer
Now you can go in for a fresh install of Office again.
Uninstall individual Office programs
You cannot uninstall individual Office programs. If you want to install only specific Office programs, you must uninstall Office 2010 first, and then reinstall it using a custom installation, and selecting the programs that you want to install.
Install only select programs in Office
- Start the installation of your Office suite.
- In the Choose the installation you want dialog box, click Customize.
- On the Installation Options tab, right click the program(s) that you do not want installed.
- Click Install now to complete the custom installation.
How to repair, update or uninstall Microsoft Office Click-to-Run may also interest you.