A popular Windows Media Center plugin called Heatwave has now been updated to support WMC in Windows 7. If you’re not familiar with Heatwave, it’s a plugin that delivers live weather forecasts straight to your Media Center PC.
The plugin shows the current temperature, wind, humidity, pressure, visibility, and more as well as the highs and lows for that day and the following week. It’s nearly as much information as your local news provides!
The developer has also added a few new features including:
– Widescreen layout option
– An optional day/night (sun/moon) forecast indication now displays next to the location title.
– Improvements to the main page layout
– Times displayed are now formatted according to the system time format
– Temperature ranges are now presented in high-low order (can be changed back to old way in settings)
– Negative temps formatted to make more legible
Windows 7 users can download the new plugin for 32-bit systems HERE or for 64-bit systems HERE.