We have already covered many useful free images editing software on TWC. Another one being added to the list is Artweaver. It is a simple freeware program that allows you to simulate natural brush effects, add artistic effects, and more to your images and paintings.
The useful graphic editor with its wide kit of artistic effects allows users to create sketches from photography and experiment using wide range of brushes. The brush simulation is tried to be kept as realistic as possible. Each brush has its own tweak and settings to create all sorts of desired effects. Besides, there are plenty of adjustment settings available to customize the default brushes or to create new brushes.
The free edition includes common image editing tools like gradient, crop, fill and selection tools, many brushes, allows Saving and playback of events, arrangeable palettes, many image and effect filters, support for pen tablets and allows for Virtual memory management.
Artweaver provides a lot of effect filters that can be applied for editing images. These include,
- Mosaic oil effect and many more
It is also able to import and export graphic in different formats. Most common file formats supported are AWD, BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, TGA, TIFF, PNG, and PSD. For professional users, the program offers layers, group layers and support for the PSD file format.
The latest version, Artweaver 3.0 Free is the major version of Artweaver with many new features and improvements.
Features of Artweaver 3.0 Free
- New layer properties dialog with more settings
- New Filter: Filter Gallery
- Few filters now show a real-time preview directly in the document
- New brushes: Warping and Coloring
- New command to capture Image stamps
- New command to deskew images automatically
- New views for all preset selectors: List and Thumbnail
- Wide selection of brushes
- Plug-in support
- Layers and transparency
- Free edition includes limited tools for photo editing
Note that Artweaver 3.0 Free installation program includes the latest English and German version, allowed to be used only for non commercial and academic purposes.