With Winter and Christmas approaching, it’s as good a time as any to get into the Holiday Spirit! TWC Author Lee, spent an entire morning putting up this beautiful wintry theme for Windows 7.
The Winter White Theme includes:
- 6 wintry Desktop Wallpapers
- White Aero Cursor Set
- Falling Snow Screensaver
How to install:
- Once you have downloaded the theme, unzip it and then run the Winter White.themepack first.
- Next open the folder Cursors and Screensaver. Right-click Install.inf and choose Install. If you do not notice a change in the cursors or screen saver, you may need to select it manually.
- Next on the far right, choose the text menu option Change Mouse Pointers and select Winter White from the drop-down.
- Now, right-Click desktop, choose Personalization. To the far right choose Screensaver. Here from the drop-down menu select FallingSnow screensaver.
You can change the settings of the falling Snow screen saver to different types of flakes as well as the speed with which they fall. To stop this screensaver, you have to move the mouse within the snow. So in short, you could have the snow falling on your desktop when you continue to work in an open window – since to stop the screensaver, you have to move the mouse to touch the snow flakes. Try it out! It looks beautiful – you working in an open window, and snow flakes falling behind on the desktop.
The credits for the beautiful images go to Katanaz-Stock, vivstock, steppelandstock, ClickStock, F3rd4 and night-fate-stock on DeviantArt.
Try the Winter White Theme – it’s a great way to customize Windows 7 this winter! Some security software may report it as being suspect. This is because the tweaker changes Windows system setting. Rest assured that it is a false-positive. If your antivirus software flags it as suspect, you may need to add it to its Ignore, Exclusions or safe list.
Go here if you are looking for some beautiful Windows 7 Christmas Themes.
Happy Holidays from the entire TheWindowsClub team! 🙂