Whenever there is a requirement to customize Windows installations at the last moment while deploying it across the entire organization, administrators can face a hard time. To overcome such unfortunate events Microsoft offers some automation tools like Windows ADK.
Windows ADK or Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) is a package of tools that administrators can use to customize, assess, and deploy Windows operating systems to new computers. It ensures to make the process of deployment of Windows across organizations and business environments a hassle-free experience.
Windows ADK for Windows 10 v1809
The Windows ADK mainly includes:
- Windows Assessment Toolkit – assesses the quality of systems or components
- Windows Performance Toolkit – assesses the performance of systems or components.
Apart from these, you can find –
Windows Preinstallation Environment (PE)
The Windows ADK for Windows 10, version 1809 allows you to add Windows Preinstallation Environment (PE) to your ADK installation. Simply download the Windows PE Addon and run the included installer after installing the ADK. The WinPE files reside in the same location as they were in previous installs of the ADK.
Retail Demo Experience
The software giant has included a ‘retail demo’ experience to show off the OS in the retail environment. The demo mode works best when devices have high-speed Internet access.
It has several customizable components. These include,
- Attract loop app – A package of a looping video or images intended to attract customers to the device and engage them with the device.
- Retail Demo app – Designed to hand out all the necessary information to the customer about the device. Alongside it, educate buyers about the maturing ecosystem of Windows and associated services available with the purchase of the device.
- Digital Fact Tag app – An app that launches simultaneously with the Retail Demo app. It is preconfigured to display key information to the shopper.
A word of caution – Before you proceed to enable this feature, bear in mind two things.
- If enabled. the feature, it will wipe out all of the personal content on your machine.
- You need a password to uninstall the retail demo experience and remove the content
Answer file setting changes
Offers an overview of file settings that have changed, deprecated, and removed.
MDM: Enhanced device and PC management
A built-in management component to communicate with the management server. It does not require you to create or download a client to manage Windows 10. In addition to this, it offers an exhaustive list of new CSPs settings.
Thus, the Windows Assessment Toolkit and the Windows Performance Toolkit closely assess the quality and performance of systems or components while the Deployment tools such as WinPE, and other tools help customize and deploy Windows 10 images.
Read the details on docs.microsoft.com.
- Tags: Developers