In Windows 11, there is a built-in feature that provides Microsoft recommendations for new apps, tips, and shortcuts on Start. This feature remains turned on by default. While it might be handy for some users, those who don’t want such recommendations they can turn off Show recommendations for tips, shortcuts, new apps, etc., in Windows 11 with two different methods.
Before moving ahead, do note that this is a new feature available and it will be rolled out to all soon. Earlier, it was a hidden feature that can be enabled using ViVeTool, but now this feature can be enabled or disabled using the built-in options.
Turn off Show recommendations for tips, shortcuts, new apps in Windows 11
Below are the native options to turn off Show recommendations for tips, shortcuts, and new apps in Windows 11:
- Using the Settings app
- Using Registry Editor.
Let’s check both options.
1] Turn off Show recommendations for tips, shortcuts, new apps using the Settings app
The steps are as follows:
- Right-click on the Start button
- Select the Settings option
- In the Settings app, click on the Personalization category
- Access the Start page visible on the right section
- Press the toggle available for Show recommendations for tips, shortcuts, new apps, and more to turn this feature on/off.
2] Enable or disable Show recommendations for tips, shortcuts, new apps using Registry Editor
Before using this option, it is recommended to take a backup of Registry, just in case. After that, follow these steps:
- In the Windows 11 Search box, type regedit, and press Enter to open the Registry Editor window
- Jump to the Advanced Registry key. You can use the following path to access this key:
- On the right section, right-click on an empty area, select New menu, and then select DWORD (32-bit) Value
- A new DWORD value will be created. Rename it to Start_IrisRecommendations
- The DWORD value will automatically contain 0 in its Value data means that means you have successfully turned off the Show recommendations for tips, shortcuts, new apps, and more option present in the Settings app
- Close the Registry Editor window.
Later, when you want to enable or turn on the same option, then use the steps mentioned above, and double-click on the Start_IrisRecommendtions DWORD (32-bit) Value. It will open a small box. Add 1 in the Value data field of that box and press OK to turn the Show recommendations for tips, shortcuts, new apps, and more option.
Hope this helps.
How do I turn off Recommend in Windows 11?
To disable or turn off Recommended section from the Start menu of Windows 11, you can use a popular and free ExplorerPatcher software. It has a Disable the Recommended section option in the Start menu section that you can use to turn it on or off. Though a Group Policy Editor setting named Remove Recommended section from Start menu and a Registry Editor are also available to use, those options can be used in Windows 11 SE edition only, and not in Pro or Home editions.
How to get tips and suggestions when I use Windows in Windows 11?
Windows 11 comes with a dedicated Tips app to explore Windows 11 and get tips and suggestions. This pre-installed app lets you check what’s new in Windows 11 and provides 20 different categories to get tips and suggestions. It has Tips for PC security, Personalize your PC, Organize your desktop, Touch gestures, Keyboard shortcuts, and other categories and each category includes multiple tips related to using Windows 11.