Microsoft Windows has introduced many revolutionary concepts and new features. For instance, it has introduced two new ways of logging in – by using Picture Password or by using PIN. A Picture Password enables you to use a picture from your library as a password. You have to perform three gestures on the picture that you want to use as your password. For example, you can select, draw and resize some portion of the picture as you want.
How to Set up Picture Password in Windows 11
To set up Picture Password in Windows 11, follow these steps:
- Press Win+I to open Windows Settings.
- Go to Accounts > Sign-in options.
- Click on Picture password option.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter the password of your user account.
- Click the Choose picture button.
- Select an image.
- Click on the Use this picture button.
- Set up the gestures.
- Click the Finish button.
Let’s check out these steps in detail.
First, you need to open Windows Settings by pressing Win+I. Then, go to Accounts > Sign-in options and click on the Picture password.
Click the Add button and enter the password of your user account. Next, you need to click on the Choose picture button and select an image as per your requirements.
Once the image is selected, you need to click the Use this picture button and set up the gestures.
For your information, you need to select three gestures. Once done, click the Finish button.
Next, you can use the Picture password to log on to your computer.
However, if you want to set up a Picture password on Windows 10/8.1, you need to follow the following steps.
Set up Picture Password in Windows 10
Follow these steps to set up a Picture password on Windows 10/8.1:
1. Open Control Panel by clicking on the Control Panel option in the default Metro style home screen.
2. In the Control Panel window, select Users and then click on the Create a Picture Password option.
3. Then you will be asked to enter your Login Password, before you can set a picture password. Make sure that your Windows 8 account has a password. If you haven’t got one, you cannot create a picture password.
4. After that, browse to the picture that you want to use as your password and select it.
5. You will be asked to perform 3 gestures which can be either selecting, resizing, creating straight lines or circles. You will need to redraw the pattern for confirmation.
Bingo! You have successfully set up a Picture Password. You will be asked to redraw the pattern at your next login.
If you think that Picture Password is too complicated for you but you still want to experience a change in the method of login, Microsoft Windows 8 has a solution for you in the form of PIN.
Though this method is faster than traditional login and Picture Password, it is less secure than Picture Password, as it can have at most four digits as a password. Still it is worth a try if you are using a touch-based device.
How to Set up a PIN logon in Windows 11
To set up a PIN log on in Windows 11, follow these steps:
- Press Win+Ito open Windows Settings.
- Go to Accounts > Sign-in options.
- Click on PIN > Set up.
- Click Next and enter PIN.
- Click the OK button.
To learn more about these steps, continue reading.
To get started, press Win+I to open Windows settings and go to Accounts > Sign-in options. Then, expand the PIN section and click on the Set up button.
Click the Next button and enter your desired PIN twice.
Once done, click the OK button.
Note: If you are using a Microsoft account, you need to enter your password to set up the PIN.
Set up a PIN logon in Windows 10
Follow these steps to set up a PIN logon in Windows 10/8.1:
1. Click Create a Pin option in Pin login section.
2. You will be prompted to enter your Windows user account password. Click OK to continue.
3. Enter PIN number of your choice and click Finish button to complete the setup.
If you don’t want to use any of these methods, you can always stick to the traditional method of logging in to your Windows, at any time you want.
How do I activate a picture password?
To activate a picture password in Windows 11/10, you need to follow the aforementioned guides. Open Windows Settings, go to Accounts > Sign-in options > Picture password. Then, click on the Add button, choose a picture, and set up the gestures.
How do I set up a PIN login?
To set up a PIN logon in Windows 11/10, you can find the aforementioned steps handy. It is quite similar to the Picture password. However, in this case, you need to select the PIN option instead of the Picture password. Then, you can enter your desired PIN to log in to your computer.
Go here to learn how to Activate Or Deactivate Picture Password Sign-In In Windows.