Strange, but I just learned about the feature of removing the background of a picture directly, in Microsoft Office and found it worth sharing here with the readers of TWC. This feature helps remove the background in just a few clicks and can help highlight the subject of the picture, by removing the background. You can remove the background of any picture using Word, PowerPoint or even Excel.
Remove the background from an image
Paste the picture in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or Excel. I am using Microsoft Word here.
- Go to the ‘Format Painter’ and then click the picture. This will open the ‘Format’ tab in your Word.
- Click on ‘Remove Background’ and you will get the marquee lines on the picture. Use the handles to select the area you want to keep and exclude the areas you want to remove. The deselected areas will turn purple.
- Check out this picture showing the marquee line handles and background removal lines.
- Click on ‘Keep the changes’, once you are done with the selection. If you have done it wrong, you can always reset the picture and do it once again. You can also discard all the changes by clicking ‘Discard all changes’.
Furthermore, you can also add different color effects and reflections in your edited picture. You can add these effects on the original pictures, as well as on the picture with the removed background.
- Corrections: This feature includes almost every effect commonly used in the photo editor apps like adding shadows, glows, brightness, contrast, and sharpness.
- Color: This feature allows you to add different color tone, color saturation and recolor option to your picture.
- Artistic effects: This tab allows you to add different artistic effects to your picture.
Before you remove the background from the picture, it is very important to compress the picture, to retain the details in the original picture.
TIP: Remove.bg lets you remove background from Images & Photos online free.