Amazon Kindle is an eBook reader’s favorite. Any reader who happens to be a fan favorite of digital periodicals or e-books would already have owned a kindle tablet or an e-ink device. Kindle device is for every reader who wants to download magazines, books, newspapers, and other digital media through the Kindle Store. In simple words, Kindle is the most sought-after device for most readers to access millions of books at their fingertips.
However, some of the users prefer to read ebooks on PC. Fortunately, there are many ways in which you can read Kindle ebooks on other devices like your smartphone or PC. Reading ebooks on your full-screen device like a PC creates an excellent reading experience. PCs are a go-to device for most readers who wants to read comics and novels. It is also way more convenient to reference texts for your work-related usage.
Additionally, you can read Kindle books with any of your Reader apps by removing Kindle DRM from books. In this article, we explain some of the best possible ways to read Kindle books on your Windows PC.
Best ways to read Kindle books on PC
Currently, there are a few ways through which you can not only read ebooks on Kindle devices, but also access Kindle titles and view them on PC and other devices. Also, Amazon Kindle facilitates reading Kindle books on your computer without owning an actual Kindle device. This is a great platform that allows people to read kindle books without having to spend money on yet another Kindle reader. You can read Kindle books on your Windows PC using a desktop software called Kindle for PC. However, if you don’t want to install any software on your PC, you can use a web-based Kindle Cloud Reader that enables you to read kindle books without downloading the app.
- Use Amazon’s Kindle for PC
- Use Kindle Cloud Reader
- Use Third-Party Reader app
You can also read Kindle books with any of your Reader apps by removing Kindle DRM from books. In this article, we explain some of the best possible ways to read Kindle books on your Windows system.
1. Use Amazon’s Kindle for PC
Kindle for PC is a popular software by Amazon that allows you to read Kindle books without a Kindle device. No doubt, this is one of the most sought-after way of reading ebooks on PC. To use this, simply download the software from the Amazon official page and register the software with your Amazon account. Once done, you can download the Kindle books on your PC. Apart from enabling you to read Kindle books on a large screen device, it furthermore allows you to use reading functionalities like bookmarks, flashcards, and add notes.
2. Use Kindle Cloud Reader
Kindle Cloud Reader enables you to read kindle books without downloading any software or app. It is a web-based tool developed by Amazon that allows you to instantly read Kindle books online on a web browser. The reader is compatible with browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Firefox. It doesn’t require Kindle e-reader or a tablet. Simply enter the special URL address to use the Kindle Cloud Reader. Follow the below steps to read Kindle books online in a web browser.
- Go to Kindle Cloud Reader Sign-in page here.
- Sign-in to Kindle Cloud Reader with your Amazon account information.
- A pop-up window asks you to set up Kindle Cloud Reader for reading.
- If you want to set up Kindle Cloud Reader for Offline reading, Click Enable Offline button else, tap the option Not Now.
- If you have selected to enable offline reading, you will be asked to install a browser extension.
- Click on Install button, and once the installation is complete, you will be able to read books when you are offline.
- Once you sign in to the Kindle Cloud Reader, you will see Kindle library on the main page.
- Simply double-click on the book cover to start reading the book.
3. Use Third-Party Reader app
Kindle books can be read on your favorite eBook Reader app installed on your computer. To read Kindle books, it should be noted that the Kindle books purchased from the Amazon website are protected by Kindle DRM and can be used only on Kindle-associated devices and software. However, you can read Kindle books on a third-party reader by removing Kindle DRM from Kindle books.
There are many tools and software that help you convert Kindle proprietary formats to your reader-supported formatted. Calibre-ebook is one of the popular open-source tools that can be used to remove Kindle DRM.
To use it:
- Download the Kindle books on your computer using the Kindle app.
- Download the Calibre-ebook management
- Import the books into Calibre’s Library, and the tool will stripe out Kindle Propriety formats to your desired file type.
- Once the conversion is done, you will see the converted ebook in the main window of the Calibre library.
- Add the Kindle books to your reader app to enjoy reading your favorite ebook on PC.
I hope you find these tips useful.