Quttera Web Malware Scanner
According to the developer:
This plugin interacts with Quttera’s Web Investigation Server (WIS) using HTTP interfaces and imposes malware investigation of the specified domain. Quttera’s WIS is very good at security and can always help you deal with your blog’s security and malware cleaning.
This plug-in is straightforward to use, operate and install.
How to install Quttera Web Malware Scanner
- Go to your WordPress Admin.
- Go to the Plugins page and click on the ‘Add New’ Button.
- You can search for your Quttera Web Malware Scanner plugin or download the plugin and then upload it to your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin.
How to use Quttera Web Malware Scanner
- After installing the plugin is complete, you can see the Quttera Scanner option in the left WordPress menu. Click on that option.
- Check whether the domain name is alright and Quttera Server name is ‘http://wp.quttera.com’. Click on the ‘Scan my website’ button.
- The process will start. It might take some time to scan your website. Wait till it finishes. After the process finishes, it will show you the Website Investigation Result.
Under this result report, you could know the Clean Files, Potentially Suspicious file, Malicious Files, and Suspicious Files. You could view the report for each scan-able file of your WordPress. This tool is nice and easy to use.
Click here to download Quttera Web Malware Scanner. You might also want to check out Website Defender.
How do I check if my WordPress site is secure?
You will need to use a malware scanner such as Sucuri, WordFence, VirusDie for malware or virus on database or file level. All these software and services check for file integrity, check against the latest version, and if there is a deviation, the user will be notified about it. Apart from this, ensure the directory permissions are correctly set, plugins are updated, and the server is secured.