XBMC Foundation creation, Kodi, is one of the most loved media player apps among users of multiple operating systems. However, there is one caveat stopping users from using the software, which is a playback error. The following is the exact error message that users are seeing:
Playback failed, One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.
In this post, we will talk about the same error and see what you can do to resolve it. So, if you see Playback failed, One or more items failed to play in Kodi, try the solutions mentioned here.
Fix One or more items failed to play Kodi error
If you encounter Playback failed, One or more items failed to play in Kodi, try the following solutions:
- Change the compatibility settings
- Clear the cache data
- Use an older version of Kodi
- Install the Raw Maintenance Add-on
- Force update The Add-on
Let’s talk about them in detail.
1] Change the compatibility
We are going to make sure that the app is not receiving errors due to compatibility issues. To do the same we are going to tweak some settings.
Follow the prescribed steps to change the settings:
- Launch Kodi and navigate to the Settings tab.
- In File Manager, click on Add resources.
- Type the following URL and select the Ok button.
- Navigate back to the Main screen and select Add-ons.
- Now, click on the Box icon from the top-left corner of the window, click on the Install from the Zip file, and then launch repository.aresproject.zip.
- After installation, revert back to the home screen.
- Now, go to Program Add-ons > Area Wizard.
- Click on Tweaks and then on Advanced Settings Wizard.
- Click Next, then go to General Settings, and then apply your settings.
Relaunch Kodi and check whether you can use the app without error messages. Hopefully, you can, however, if can’t try the next solution.
2] Clear the cache data
It is highly recommended to clear your cache once in a while as they tend to get corrupted and later lead to some big issues. If that’s the case here then follow the given steps to clear the cache data.
- Open Kodi, go to the Settings tab, and click on the Settings option.
- Click on the Gear icon, and select File Manager.
- Now, open Profile Directory, and go to the Database Directory.
- Right-click on Addons.db. and select the Delete button.
Restart your game after deleting the file to see whether the issue has been resolved. If not, move on to the other solution.
3] Use an older version of Kodi
The game may have a playback error if your version of Kodi is not compatible with your system. In such a situation, you can delete your current Kodi version and install the previous one from mirrors.kodi.tv. Hopefully, that’ll do the job for you.
4] Install the Raw maintenance Add-on
Many gamers confirmed that installing the Raw Maintenace Add-on fixed the playback error. so giving it a go may resolve the issue in your case. You can follow the prescribed steps to Install the Raw Maintenace Add-on:
- Open Kodi and click on the Settings tab.
- Go to the File Manager and click on Add source option.
- Type the following URL and then click on the OK button:
- Navigate back to the Main screen and click on the Settings tab.
- Click on Add-ons, and select Install from the Zip file.
- Select repository.rawmaintenance.zip or repository.no-issue.zip then the Install button.
Once installed, launch Kodi and check for the issue.
5] Force update The Add-on
Let us try updating the add-on to get rid of any bug that may cause this issue. Follow the given steps to do the same:
- Open Kodi and click on the Settings tab.
- Go to the File Manager and right-click on the Add-on option, and select Update.
Restart the game when the procedure is finished, and check whether you can still see the issue or not.
Where is the Kodi log file?
Kodi Log file on a Windows computer will have the following location.
You can also view the log file from the Kodi app if it is not at the mentioned location. Follow the given steps to do the same.
- Launch Kodi and got to the System option.
- Tap on the Add-ons button and choose Install from Repository
- Go to Kodi Add-on Repository > Program Add-ons option.
- Navigate to the Log viewer for Kodi and click install.
- Go back to the home screen and then go to the Program option.
- Tap on the Log Viewer button.
- Click on the Show Log Option.
You will be able to find the log file.
Read: Best Kodi alternatives for Windows 10
How do I fix Kodi one or more items failed to play?
If you see the error message that says “One or more items failed to play” in Kodi, then check the solutions mentioned in this post to resolve the issue. Make sure to start from the first solution and then move your way down to save some time. Hopefully, you will be able to resolve the issue in no time.
Also Read: Best free VPN for Kodi.