– Recycle Bin icon is missing from Desktop – Reset Folder view settings to default when folders are showing different command bar than content – Fix Folder Options. Folder Options is missing from Control Panel or has been disabled by administrator or malware – Fix Recycle Bin when its icon doesn’t refresh automatically – Explorer doesn’t start on startup in Windows – Thumbnails not showing in File Explorer – Reset Recycle Bin. Recycle Bin is corrupted. – CD drive or DVD drive isn’t recognised by Windows or other programs – “Class not registered” error in File Explorer or Internet Explorer – “Show hidden files, folders and drives” option isn’t shown in Folder Options
Internet & Connectivity
– Right Click Context Menu of Internet Explorer is disabled – Cannot connect to internet. There’s some problem in Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) – Problem regarding DNS resolution. Fix it by clearing DNS resolver cache – Long list of failed and installed updates. Clear Windows Update History – Problem with Windows Firewall settings. Reset Windows Firewall Configuration – Reset Internet Explorer To Default Configuration. – Runtime errors are appearing in Internet Explorer while surfing – Optimize Internet Explorer maximum connections per server to download more than two files at the same time – Internet Options are missing in Settings under “Advanced” tab of “Internet Options” dialog box – Repair Winsock (Reset Catalog)
Modern UI & Windows Store
– Having problem downloading Apps from Store. Clear and reset Store cache – The Application wasn’t installed from Windows Store. Error Code: 0x8024001e – “Something happened and your purchase couldn’t be completed” – “Something happened and Windows Store is no longer working” – “Something Happened and this app couldn’t be installed” Error: 0×80080008 – Reset PC Settings. PC Settings doesn’t open – Disable OneDrive. OneDrive runs in background and syncs huge amount of files. – Closing Windows Store Apps By Dragging Down From Top Method Is Very Slow – Repair Windows Component Store.
– “Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator” or Task Manager Option is disabled – “Command Prompt has been disabled by your administrator” and can’t run any cmd or batch file – “Registry Editor has been disabled by your administrator” – Enable MMC Snap-ins. Some viruses disable Snap-ins which prevents Group Policy (gpedit.msc) and similar services to run – Reset Windows Search to defaults. This will fix issues related to Windows Search – “System Restore has been disabled by your administrator. Please contact your system administrator.” – Device Manager isn’t working properly and not showing any devices. – Repair Windows Defender. Reset all Windows Defender settings to default. – Action Center and Windows Security Center don’t recognise installed AntiVirus or Firewall or still identifies old AV as installed.
The following built-in Windows troubleshooters can be launched directly from FixWin:
– Playing Audio – Recording Audio – Power – Printer – Shared Folders – Homegroup – Internet Explorer Performance – Internet Explorer Safety – Windows Media Player Settings – Windows Media Player Library – Windows Media Player DVD – Internet Connections – Hardware and Devices – Incoming Connections – System Maintenance – Network Adapter
– Enable Hibernate. Hibernate option is missing from Shutdown options – Restore the Sticky Notes delete warning dialog box – Aero Snap, Aero Peek or Aero Shake isn’t working – Fix Corrupted Desktop Icons. Fix and rebuild corrupted icon cache. – Taskbar jump list is missing or doesn’t store MRU file list – Balloon tips aren’t being shown in Notification Area – Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine – App Switcher isn’t being displayed correctly – The recovery image cannot be written. Error code – 0x8004230c – Windows Media Player shows following error: “An internal application error has occurred.”