Amazon Prime Video app for Windows 10 is now available to download via Microsoft Store. Following is the list of features of the new Amazon Prime Video app for Windows 10:
- Download videos to watch offline – anywhere, anytime
- Rent or buy thousands of titles including new release movies, popular TV shows, and more
- With Prime Video Channels, Prime members can subscribe to more than 150 premium and specialty channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Cinemax.
- Only pay for the channels you want, no cable required, cancel anytime
- With X-Ray, view IMDb information about the actors, songs, and trivia for videos as you stream.
You can download Amazon Prime Video for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store once it is available for you.
Install Amazon Prime Video as a PWA
Amazon has also released a web app for its shopping portal and a music app for Windows 10. With the power of Progressive Web Apps, the Amazon Prime Video app can also be installed on Windows 10.
Install Amazon Prime Video app on Windows 10
The Amazon Prime Video app on Windows 10 can be installed and used in the best possible experience. This can be done by using only the new Microsoft Edge browser based on Chromium.
Open the Amazon Prime Video website on the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser.
When the website loads, select the menu button on the top right corner denoted by three horizontal dots.
Select Apps > Install this site as an app.
It will install the Amazon Prime Video website as an app with a XAML shell on your Windows 10 computer.
You will also find an entry for it in the All apps list in the Start Menu. If needed, you can create a shortcut for it on the desktop, pin it to the taskbar or pin a live tile.
It is worth noting that this app won’t work offline, unlike its Android and iOS counterparts.
This is the default procedure to install a website as a Progressive web app on the new Microsoft Edge browser based on Chromium.
I hope you found our guide useful.
- Tags: Amazon