If you want to let someone watch a large video file, you can upload and share YouTube video privately. No extra service is required as YouTube allows users to make a video private so that limited people can check out your video as per your requirement.
YouTube is one of the best ways to share videos online with family and friends as you can use YouTube to share a video quickly. When you upload a video, the default settings of YouTube make the video public.
Many times, you might want to upload a video so that a specific individual can watch it from being anywhere. At such a moment, it is exigent to make the video either Private or Unlisted. Here we have elaborated everything about the privacy settings.
How to upload and share YouTube video privately
To upload and share YouTube video privately, follow these steps-
- Log in to your YouTube channel.
- Click the UPLOAD VIDEO button to upload the video.
- Visit the Visibility section after uploading the video.
- Select Private or Unlisted in the Save or publish section.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the edit button in the videos management panel.
- Click the three-dotted icon.
- Select Share privately option.
- Enter the recipient’s email address.
- Click the Save and go back to YouTube Studio button.
To know more about these settings, you keep reading.
To get started, you need to upload the desired video using the accustomed method. In other words, you need to log in to your YouTube channel with your Google account and click the UPLOAD VIDEO button.
After selecting and uploading the video, it asks you to enter the requisite details such as video title, if it is kids friendly, etc. You need to go through all the options and land into the Visibility tab.
Here you can find a Save or publish box where two options are visible – Private and Unlisted.
Either option won’t allow your videos to appear in search, related videos, and recommendations. On the other hand, your subscribers cannot see the video in the feed since it doesn’t show up on your channel.
Difference between Private and Unlisted YouTube video
The fundamental differences between Private and Unlisted video are –
- People can share the URL of an Unlisted video, but it is not possible with a Private video.
- It is not possible to add a Private video to the channel section where you can do that with an Unlisted video.
- People can comment on an Unlisted video, but they cannot do the same on a Private video.
- People can watch Unlisted videos without a Google account but only authorized Gmail users can watch a Private video.
After reading all these, if you are wondering which option is more suitable for you, you should opt for the Private option since it comes with the most privacy.
If you are done with this privacy setting, you need to click the SAVE button. Even if someone shares your Private video with some unauthorized person, the viewer will receive a message narrating the privacy setting.
Now you need to share the video with the desired individual. For that, you can open the Videos section, and click on the corresponding Edit button.
In other words, you can edit the video details from here. Click on the three-dotted icon and select Share privately button.
Now you need to enter the email address of the recipient and click the Save and go back to YouTube Studio button.
After doing it, that person receives an email, and he/she can watch your private video without any problem.