Google Maps is an advanced online map interface, and as of late, these maps are quite extensive. In this post we will show you how to remove or drop a Pin on Google Maps, create multiple Pins, check the exact latitude and longitude with a Pin, find a route to and from a Pin, find hotels, restaurants, etc near a location, print an area, add a missing place, add your business, measure distance, share a location and edit the details of a location on Google Maps.
How to drop a Pin on Google maps?
Dropping a Pin on Google Maps is easy.
- Simply scroll to the exact location at which you want to drop the Pin. Then click there.
- When you drop a Pin, it will initially appear as a small grey Pin. A
- small information box will appear at the bottom of the window.
- When you click on the window, a detailed information box will appear on the left-hand side of the window.
How to remove a dropped Pin?
Removing a dropped Pin is easy.
- Cancel the information box. Either the small one or detailed one.
- Alternatively, you can click anywhere else on the map.
- The Pin will get removed.
- In short, the Pin is a temporary pointer which exists only will you need to use it.
How to check the exact latitude and longitude with a Pin on Google maps?
The procedure to check the exact latitude and longitude with a Pin on Google maps is as follows:
- Create a Pin as explained earlier.
- Right-click on the Pin itself.
- The first result will be the exact latitude and longitude of the location.
How to find a route to and from a Pin on Google maps?
You can create a route for driving, biking, or walking after setting a location as a Pin on Google maps. The procedure is as follows:
- Right-click on Pin on Google maps.
- Either select Directions to here or Directions from here on the map.
- The information pane will open on the left-hand side of the window. But it will be a little different this time.
- The information pane will ask for the other location from or till which you need the route.
- Enter the same.
- You can also add more destinations.
How to find hotels, restaurants, etc near a location on Google maps?
The procedure to find places of interest near a certain location is simple.
- Create a Pin and right-click on the Pin.
- Click on Search nearby.
- Now let’s say you need to know of restaurants nearby, simply click on the option for the same.
- All relevant options will be displayed.
How to print an area in Google maps?
While Google maps are convenient, many users still prefer to use traditional paper maps. This can be done using the Print feature in Google maps. The procedure is as follows:
- Create a Pin on Google Maps.
- Use the Zoom options to make sure that you have the exact area needed for the printout in the map.
- Right-click on the Pin and select Print.
How to add a missing place in Google maps?
Let us assume that Google Maps missed naming a place which might have a business, or a nomenclature attached with it. You can name it as follows:
- Create a Pin in Google Maps at the exact location which is missing.
- Right-click on the Pin and select Add a missing place.
- Enter details like the Name of the place, Category, and exact address.
How to add your business on Google maps?
If you just started a new business and wish to add it on Google maps, then the procedure is as follows:
- Create a Pin on the location of your business on Google maps.
- Right-click on the Pin and select Add your business.
- A new page will open, and you will be able to create a new business profile.
How to measure distance on Google maps?
Other than checking for the route through roads, you can measure the distance across 2 points on Google maps. The procedure is simple:
- Create a Pin on Google maps as suggested earlier.
- Right-click on the Pin and select Measure distance.
- Now, keep clicking on other points on the map and the exact displacement will be shown.
How to share a location on Google maps?
Sharing a location on Google maps is easy. The procedure is as follows:
- Create a Pin on Google maps.
- Open the detailed information box on the left-hand side.
- Click on Share.
- You can share the location through Facebook, Twitter, and email.
- You can also embed the location in a map.
How to create multiple Pins on Google maps?
As explained earlier, the procedure to remove a Pin is to simply click at a location other than the Pin itself. This way, a person can only create one Pin and not many. If you wish to create multiple Pins on Google maps, the procedure is as follows:
- Click on the Menu symbol at the top-left corner of the Google maps window.
- Select Your places from the list.
- Go to the Maps tab.
- Click on Create map.
- Give a name to the map.
- Now, search for each and every location in the search box individually and click on add marker for each one of them.
How do I edit the details of a location on Google maps?
Editing the details of a location on Google maps requires approval in case it is a registered business. Else, you can simply submit it for a review and the team with Google will check the same. The procedure is as follows:
Click on the Pin of the location. If it is marked already, then the existing Pin will be red in color.
The information box will open on the left-hand side of the window. Scroll down to Suggest an edit.
You will be able to change the name, location, hours, etc of the Pin or remove it. You can also mark it as closed.
How do I remove a drop pin from Google Maps?
To remove a drop pin from Google Maps, you can use the information box. As there are two boxes available with almost the same information, you can use either of them to get the job done. In simple words, you need to cancel the information box on the Google Maps to remove the dropped pin.
Can we check our past locations on Google maps?
The past locations at which you have been can be checked through Google maps timeline. You can reach the same by navigating to timeline.google.com. However, it mentions only of locations where you have been for at least a few hours.
The locations are mapped by checking through your phone’s location history. Since most apps need to use the device location, the location history is mostly turn ON unless you switch it OFF through the setting on Google maps itself.
Can Google maps work without an internet connection?
Google maps need an internet connection only to update routes. Once the route is downloaded, Google maps will pick the same even when offline. However, it might not be accurate about traffic information. Moreover, the offline map will not confirm the timings of restaurants, cafes, and hotels nearby.