If you want to know how to recover corrupted OneDrive files, this post will help you. OneDrive is a Microsoft cloud service that allows you to store and share your files with others. OneDrive syncs your files with online storage from your PC. If a OneDrive file or folder is deleted, overwritten, or corrupted, you can restore your entire OneDrive to a previous time. This action will recover the deleted, overwritten, or corrupted files.
There are some common reasons why OneDrive files may get corrupted. Sometimes OneDrive files can get corrupted due to incomplete upload or incomplete sync. If your computer is infected with a virus, it can corrupt your OneDrive files.
How to recover corrupted OneDrive files
Microsoft has provided an option in OneDrive that lets users recover their deleted, overwritten, and corrupted files. However, this feature is available for users who have a Microsoft 365 subscription. Other users cannot use this feature of OneDrive.
Use the following steps to recover the corrupted files in OneDrive.
- Open OneDrive in your web browser.
- Sign into OneDrive with your correct account credentials.
- Go to the Settings.
- Click on Options.
- Click on Restore your OneDrive from the left navigation.
- This will show you the amount of file activities of each day for the last 30 days in a daily activity chart. This will give you an overview of what has happened to your OneDrive over a period of time and can help you identify any unusual activities. For example, if your OneDrive was infected by a virus or malware, you can see when it happened.
- Now, select a date from the dropdown list. If you’re restoring your files after ransomware detection, a suggested restore date will be filled in for you.
- Once you’re ready to restore OneDrive, select Restore.
You can undo changes that occurred in your OneDrive within the last 30 days. After you perform this action, all the files in your OneDrive after the selected restore date will be sent to OnrDrive Recycle Bin automatically.
This feature has a limitation: only users with a Microsoft 365 subscription can use this feature. If you do not have this subscription and click on Restore your OneDrive link, it will redirect you to the Microsoft 365 official website.
That’s it. I hope this article helps you.
Are OneDrive files permanently deleted?
Once you delete a file from OneDrive, it is moved to the Recycle Bin. If you want to delete a OneDrive file permanently then you have to delete it from the Recycle Bin. Files in the Recycle Bin can be restored for up to 30 days.
Does factory reset fix corrupted files?
No, it does not. A factory reset does not fix the corrupted files. This can be helpful if your computer is experiencing software problems. It does not recover any corrupted files. However, Factory Reset can fix the corrupted system image files and the issues occurring due to the corrupted system image files.