If you want to download your Instagram chats and messages on your phone or PC, this post will show you the way to do it.
How to recover deleted Instagram messages without downloading data?
As per Meta guidelines, the deleted messages can’t be recovered on Instagram. However, if you have deleted other content like reels, videos, photos, stories, and more, you can retrieve and recover them from the Your activity > Recently Deleted section. But, the deleted data can be recovered only within 30 days.
Now, if you want to download your Instagram chats locally, we’ve got you covered. Here, we are going to show you the steps to do so.
How to download Instagram Chats on your Phone?
To download your chats and direct messages from Instagram on your Android phone or iPhone, here are the steps you can follow:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Tap on the three-bar menu button.
- Choose the Your activity option.
- Click on the Download Your Information option.
- Press the Request a download button.
- Choose the Select types of information option.
- Select Messages and press Next.
- Choose the email address to receive the download notification.
- Select the download format, media quality, and date range.
- Press the Submit Request button.
- Check your inbox for the download email from Instagram.
- Open the email and click on download your information.
- Click on the Download option when your download is ready.
- Enter your password.
- Download the deleted messages and other information.
First, open the Instagram app on your phone and click on your profile icon present in the lower-right corner.
After that, press the three-horizontal line menu button present at the top and click on the Your activity option.
Now, scroll down towards the end of the page and press the Download Your Information option.
Next, tap on the Request a download button.
After that, click on the Select types of information option to choose the kind of data you want to recover and download. In case you want to download a complete copy of your data, you can select the Complete copy option.
Now, choose the Messages option to recover deleted chats associated with your account. You can also download commends, contacts, guides, and other information.
Next, you can select the registered email address where you will be getting the download notifications. In case you have logged in through your phone number, you can enter your email address.
Then, choose the download format in which you will be receiving your messages and other data. It lets you select HTML or JSON as the download format. Besides that, you can also choose the media quality and date range to recover the messages.
Now, click on the Submit Request button to send a download request to Instagram.
Instagram will then send an email to your registered email address when your download is ready. You will receive an email with the title “Your Meta information download is ready.” If you receive such an email in your inbox, open it and click on the download your information option. You can also check the Download Your Information page in your profile and check if the download is ready.
Now, click on the Download button present under the Available downloads section.
Next, select the file you want to download, enter the password to your account for security purposes, and press the Continue button. Your messages will be downloaded in the pre-selected format.
You can now extract the downloaded folder and check out the Messages folder for your chats.
How to download Instagram Chats on PC?
Just like your Phone, you can download your messages from Instagram on your PC. Here are the steps to do that:
- First, open Instagram in a web browser and sign into your account.
- Now, click on the three-bar menu button present in the left-side pane.
- Next, select the Your activity option and then click on the Download your information option.
- After that, enter the email address you want to receive the download information.
- Now, choose the format from HTML and JSON and press the Next button.
- Next, enter your password and press the Request download button.
- Once the download is ready, you will receive an email from Instagram.
You can follow the instructions mentioned in the email to download your Instagram messages.
Can you recover deleted Instagram?
No, you can’t recover a deleted Instragam account. However, if you have deactivated or disabled your Instagram account, you can recover your account by logging in to your account with your credentials.