Minecraft has various blocks with different features and one such feature is TNT. In Minecraft, you can create a TNT and use it when in combats, pranks, and a lot more things. In this post, we will learn how to make TNT in Minecraft.
How to make TNT in Minecraft
The TNT block in Minecraft does what it claims, that is, create an explosion. It is especially useful in battle and combats the opponent, but it can be used to prank a friend. To make TNT in Minecraft, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Collect Gunpowder
- Visit a desert
- Make TNT in Minecraft
- Activate TNT Blocks in Minecraft
Let us talk about them in detail.
1] Collect Gunpowder
The first ingredient we will use to make TNT is Gunpowder. They can be obtained from drops by certain mobs, creepers, ghats, and witches. However, you can also look for them in deserts, temples, dungeons, woodland mansions, and shipwrecks in loot chests. That being said, the most lucrative way to find gunpowder is with the help of a creeper farm. When you kill a creeper, it drops up to 2 gunpowders that one can collect to make TNTs.
2] Visit a desert
Next up, we need to visit desert or beach biomes to find regular sand. You need an ample amount of sand using the shulker boxes for the TNT recipe.
3] Make TNT in Minecraft
The only ingredients required to make TNT in Minecraft are gunpowder and sandblocks. So, now that we have both of them, it’s time to craft TNT using the steps mentioned below.
- To begin, create a crafting table in Minecraft and position it on the ground.
- Now, access the crafting table by right-clicking on it so that we can begin crafting items.
- Then, you need to put five gunpowder pieces in the X-shape manner in the crafting grid.
- Finally, you need to fill all the vacant cells with four sand blocks, either red or regular, and then place them on the crafting table. You can check the attached image to understand the placement.
This should do the job for you.
4] Activate TNT Block in Minecraft
Finally, let us see in brief how you can trigger the TNT block that we have just created. The following are some of the ways by which you can activate TNT Block.
- Redstone Signal: You can place a Redstone power source adjacent to TNT or power a block attached to TNT to trigger a TNT block.
- Explode the TNT block using fire: You can light the TNT block by firing at it with some weapon to make it explode. You can also place the block near a lava to activate TNT.
- Use Flame Minecraft Enchantments: You can use a flame Minecraft enchantment which turns all the arrows into flaming ones. Alternatively, you can pass the arrow through a lava block to light it.
These are some of the methods that you can use to activate a TNT Block, but there are more that you will find after exploring a little.
How do you make big TNT in Minecraft?
Yes, you can make a big TNT in Minecraft. In order to do the same, you need to use the command:/fill ~31 ~31 ~31 ~ ~ ~ tnt. It will make one large TNT cube that you can use in the game.
Also Read: How to make and use a Spyglass in Minecraft?
Can you make TNT with gravel?
You can combine gunpowder, sand, and gravel together on the crafting table. This outputs 4 pieces of TNT. However, the easiest way to make TNT is by using only the gunpowder and sand, steps for which are aforementioned.