If you want to sell used or new items, Facebook Marketplace is one of the best options you have as of now. In this post we will show you how to list items for sale on Facebook Marketplace.
Facebook lets you connect with people around you to get your business going. No additional fee is required, as Facebook offers this marketplace for free to all the users.
Before getting started, three things you should know about Facebook Marketplace.
- First, it doesn’t allow you to send or receive money directly. In other words, you require to meet the buyer one-to-one and transfer goods and funds accordingly.
- Second, you can obtain or send information about product availability, price, location, etc. via Facebook.
- Third, all the items get approval from Facebook. Therefore, upload items carefully.
- It is mandatory to upload some images so that buyers can get more details.
How to sell items on Facebook Marketplace
To list items for sale on Facebook Marketplace, follow these steps-
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to Facebook Marketplace.
- Click the Create New Listing button on the left-hand side.
- Choose the item type.
- Upload pictures by clicking the Add Photos button.
- Enter the required details about your product.
- Select a location.
- Click the Next button.
- Choose the Marketplace instead of groups.
- Click the Publish button.
Log in to your Facebook account and go to the Facebook Marketplace. You will find the Facebook Marketplace icon on the top menu bar or enter
facebook.com/marketplace in the browser’s address bar and hit the Enter button.
After that, click on the Create New Listing button visible on the left-hand side.
Then, choose the item type. If you want to sell gadgets, furniture, musical instruments, etc., go with the Item for sale option.
If you’re going to sell a used vehicle, click the Vehicle for sale button.
Similarly, the third option, Property for sale or rent, is for them who want to sell or give their apartment or property for rent.
Next, click the Add Photos button to upload some pictures so that your buyers can get a broad view. Apart from that, it is mandatory to write down the title or name of the item, price, category, condition, location, etc. It is handy if you write a short description as well.
The next big thing is the Availability. If you have lots of items, choose List as in stock. However, if you have only one item to sell, select List as single item.
Once done, click the Next button, make sure that the Marketplace is selected instead of any group, and click the Publish button.
Following that, Facebook will review your listing and give you approval or rejection. If rejected, it shows possible cause as well.
How to edit or delete the listing from Facebook Marketplace
To edit or delete the listing from Facebook Marketplace, follow these steps-
- Open Facebook Marketplace.
- Click on Your listings.
- Click the three-dotted icon.
- Select Edit Listing or Delete Listing.
- Make a change or confirm the deletion.
After signing in to your Facebook account. Here you will see an option called Your listings. Click on it to find out all the items you enlisted for sale. Click on the respective three-dotted icon, and select Edit Listing or Delete Listing.
If you choose Edit Listing, you will get the interface to edit details of your product. It looks similar to the interface that appears when you list the item for sale for the first time.
If you choose Delete Listing, it asks you to confirm the deletion. Click the Confirm button to do that and answer a question regarding your removal.
Once done, your listing will be removed from the Facebook marketplace.
Tips, tricks, and security details to sell items via Facebook Marketplace
- Never share your banking details with someone unless or until you know the person. It is not recommended to send or share your bank account number, UPI ID, etc. before confirmation.
- You can boost your listing by Facebook ads. For that, click the Boost Listing button and set up an ad for your item. For obvious reasons, it requires money.
- Always mark items as sold once it is sold. Otherwise, you will keep receiving messages regarding your product.
- Always upload attractive pictures to grab the attention of your potential customer.
- Do not enter the wrong information about your product to sell the item faster.
That’s all! Hope it helps.
- Tags: Facebook