There are many platforms for gamers to purchase and play games. One such platform is Epic Games Store. If you are a gamer and use the Epic Games store to purchase and play games, this is for you. In this guide, we explain to you the refund policy of Epic Games and how to get a refund from the Epic Games Store.
Refund policy of Epic Games Store
The following are the refund policies of the Epic Games store.
- Products: You can get a refund for the games and products you purchase through the Epic Games store. They qualify for a refund. There are products qualified as non-refundable such as virtual currency or other consumables. You won’t get a refund on such products.
- Refund eligible period: Games and products that you purchase on the Epic Games Store are eligible for a refund within 14 days of purchase. They should be marked as refundable while making the purchase.
- Refund Terms: If you want to request a refund on refundable products you purchased on Epic Games Store, it must have less than 2 hours of runtime on record. If you are banned or violated the terms of the Epic Games Store, you are not eligible to get a refund. If you are found abusing the refund policy on the Epic Games store, you are not eligible to get a refund on products.
- Pre-purchases: If you have purchased a game or a product before its release on Epic Games Store, you can cancel the order before the release of the product and get a refund. If you want to get a refund after the release, the product must the qualified for the refund with less than 2 hours of playtime on record.
- Sale offers after purchase: If you have purchased a game or product on Epic Games Store and the product or game goes on sale after your purchase with a discount, you can cancel the purchase if it has less than 2-hour playtime on record and buy it on the sale. Getting a refund under these circumstances is not considered to be refund abuse.
Let’s see how you can get a refund from Epic Games.
How to get a refund from Epic Games Store
If you purchased a game or product on Epic Games and it qualifies for a refund abiding by the above rules, you can get a refund in the following way.
- Go to the Epic Games Store website
- Log in with your credentials
- Go to your Account page
- Select Transactions
- Click on the Game or Product you want to cancel
- Then, check the box and click on Request Refund
- Select a reason for the refund
- Select if you want to get the refund to your Epic Games Wallet
- Click Confirm Refund
Let’s get into the details of the process and get a refund from Epic Games.
There are two types of refund options available on Epic Games. Self-Service refund and no self-service refund. You will know more about those types in the process. To get started open a web browser on your PC and go to Epic Games Store. Log in to your account using your Epic Games credentials.
After logging in, navigate to the Account page. On the Account page, click on Transactions. You will find all the transactions and purchase history on your account. Find the product or game you want a refund for in the purchase history and click on the title to expand it. You will now find the Request Refund option beside the product or game. Check the box beside the game and click on Request Refund. This is called a Self-Service refund. You can get the refund on your own.
If you do not find the Request refund option beside the game or product but it qualifies for a refund, you need to contact Player Support to process the refund. You will find the option to contact the support team in the Help section.
Once, you have clicked on the Request Refund button, it will ask you to select a Reason for Refund. Select it using the drop-down menu.
Then, you may see the option to get a refund to your Epic Games Wallet based on your location. If you want to get the refund to the wallet check the button beside Refund to my Epic Games Wallet.
If you do not get that option, the refund will be credited to your original payment method. Then, click on CONFIRM REFUND to cancel the order and get a refund.
You will see a notification on the successful request for a refund.
That’s it. You have successfully placed a refund order on Epic Games Store.
Read: Fix Epic Games Store Error Product Activation Failed error
What is the refund time for Epic Games?
Usually, you will get a refund in 1-7 business days on Epic Games Store to your original payment method. If you have selected the option to credit a refund into your Epic Games Wallet, it will be credited in a few minutes or hours.
Related read: Can’t Uninstall Epic Games Launcher in Windows.